Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Where is iCal??? Im waiting here!!

Also, has anyone figured out the 'Directories' section of Address book... I have been running 10.2 for a week now and thats my only query.

I have a PB G3, 400 with 256 and it rocks... And its not BETA copy either.

And On the subject of rendezvous, it seems to be in the system, but how do you use it/access it????

Anyone???

Thanks

DigitalRampage

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Also....

Just so I am commenting on Hardware considering this is the hardware forum....

New Powermac's.... THUMBS DOWN to the new front panel..... that metal and plastic meld looks like K - RAP.

( I have to use K-RAP because you need to use a lame word to some up a lame looking computer)

Also, I think that apple had poorly used the space in the machine... You could fit 4 HDD"s in the old casings and you would fit in a 2nd 5 1'4 drive if you felt the need.. there seemed to be a lot more room.....

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Where is iCal, (and Rendezvous)

Originally posted by digitalrampage
Where is iCal??? Im waiting here!!

iCal was never meant to be included with Jaguar.
iCal is due in September.

arn

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Right now there aren't many rendezvous enabled clients or services. iChat rendezvous works great. It has been lonely running 10.2 at work, but now I am starting to see more people show up in my ichat rendezvous window.

I work at the univeristy with the largest wireless network (the whole campus, inside and out, inlcuding dorms). And the wireless network is one big subnet, so anyone running ichat (and soon itunes 3.1) will be able to chat and share music libraries)

If you go to finder -> connect to server, you should be able to see other macs out there who are sharing files on your subnet, and when the print servers are updated, printers in the printer cp.

Rendezvous is based heavily on multicast dns. It works great, it is just that you don't have much to work with yet.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
rendevouz is built into jaguar its not an app, and ical is still in development

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by irmongoose
just to make things clear: Rendevous is a TECHNOLOGY built into Jaguar, not an app. Make sure you know what you're talking about before you start ranting like that :rolleyes:

hmm just like I said IR , :D

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by Dr. Distortion
And what about Ink/inkwell? Do I need a wacom tablet to enable it or something, or isn't that included in 10.2 either?

-Dr. D.
What? Like I told the other guy, know your stuff, and maybe LOOK IT UP.. before you start posting here... And I suggest you look at Apple's page... which is the MOST OBVIOUS place I would look....

Yes, you need a wacom tablet. Why would Apple let you activate it if you don't have the right hardware to run the technology???

:rolleyes:

irmongoose

Dr. Distortion

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Originally posted by irmongoose

What? Like I told the other guy, know your stuff, and maybe LOOK IT UP.. before you start posting here... And I suggest you look at Apple's page... which is the MOST OBVIOUS place I would look....

Yes, you need a wacom tablet. Why would Apple let you activate it if you don't have the right hardware to run the technology???

:rolleyes:

irmongoose

Well, if you had looked better at the apple site you'd have seen that the word Wacom can't be found anywhere on Apple'
s inkwell page
. So far the page only shows ink can be used with a tablet.

I was wondering about this app:

"Conversely, you can expand the floating window to InkPad, a handy utility application. The InkPad app offers additional features for writing and editing, such as alternate word lists and targeted gestures. InkPad also lets you draw quick sketches and paste them in most other applications. So you can draw a quick map to the party, or communicate that new design you’ve got in mind, and send it out with your email, effortlessly. "

Is this a real app I can find somewhere on my harddisk, or is it a virtual app?

-Dr. D.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by Choppaface
i wonder if ical's release date is marked in ical :D :D
Heh... like 'time' in UNIX starts when it was first made :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Dr. Distortion

Is this a real app I can find somewhere on my harddisk, or is it a virtual app?

plug in a supported tablet and drivers and it will show up

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.