Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I don't think Apple said anything about mid-March. Where'd you hear that?

I can't see we'll be getting 4.8 until they manage to get a couple more stores up and running so that Stevo's got something to brag about.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
:eek: Wow! Didn't know that. Well, it's not like Apple to release anything on time/when it's wanted...

Do you need 4.8 before you can use the adaptor?

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
yea, it was just this little blurb on the ipod page, i can't quite remember exactly what it said, but it was something like, "look for the new ipod camera connnector along with itunes 4.8 in mid-late march" so i'm assuming you will need the new itunes to use the connector

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
it doesn't make sense that you'd need a new version of itunes to use the connector... the connector goes between your camera and ipod, so an ipod software update i could understand, but where does itunes fit into the equation?

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
I'm adament it read something along the lines of

"photo connector along with an iPod software update that enables new slideshow transitions"

and there was a discussion here about the transitions that might be enabled

Usually the only place you find out about new iTunes/QuickTime versions is the Apple store, in the product listings. iTunes 4.8 was a rumour a long time ago.

AppleMatt

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Never mind 4.8... where is 5.0...???

There are some things that just has to be implemented, most pressing the ability to "merge" tracks, so when you have the same track from the original album and maybe a collection and then a soundtrack etc. with the same version of a song, you don't have to have duplicates of the file and three seperate playcounts etc. One file should be enough...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
B-52 Macer said:
Weird, it doesn't show up in the Software Updater...
Only available as a download from the iTunes page :confused:

Give it time...sometimes it takes a while. Although, I did note that Java 5 never did show up on Software Update. :(

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Edit: Nevermind the previous question I posted. I found the answer to it, and then read the other large forum about 4.8, and I'm sticking with 4.7.1 :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.