where is my GB guitar tuner??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by forthebrave, May 10, 2004.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

In the nicest way possible... what are you talking about? Where did you download this garageband guitar tuner? I'm pretty sure there isn't one in Garageband (although I guess I can't say there isn't) so where did you get this Guitar Tuner?

3. kanker macrumors 6502

Try ET1 from Emagic. I believe that it's free. Download and run the .pkg install (don't ask me why they need a .pkg for an AU- it's beyond me).

4. skinEman23 macrumors member

5. parameter macrumors newbie

and another

I find the chromatic tuner app to be inaccurrate. It was good on OS9 but not in X. The best app I've found for guitar tuning is by far Guitar Shed. I forgot who makes it um I can find the link in a bit and post it.

A GB native tuner would be nice though I haven't seen one yet. I guess an audiounit tuner would do in any program, but then you loose out on the self-running aspect of it and would require you to be running an audio suite just to tune.

Back again. here's the link for anyone that cares...
    http://www.astoundit.com/products/guitarshed/index.html

If anyone finds a good working audiounit tuner plugin please post here and let me know. :)

6. big_scot_nanny macrumors newbie

Dude, thanks for the post, google took me straight to it when I typed in 'garageband guitar tuner' and guitar shed is a very cool app. lots of useful stuff for a novice like me!

Cheers again,
    Kev