Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helljumper

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Me and some friends were messing around on Photo Booth and we took a lengthy video (about 10 minutes) to put up on Youtube. We weren't done with the video and everything was still recording when I left for a minute.

When I returned, Photo Booth was closed. My friend has never used a Mac before and he's not sure what he did. He says he was trying to quit out of another program and he might've accidentally quit Photo Booth. Either that, or he pressed the X, thinking it was the minimize button on Windows.

Anyways, where is the part of the video that we actually recorded? Did the entire thing not get saved at all just because we might've quit out of the program near the end of our video?

We had about 10 minutes of comedic gold and we don't think we can recreate it lol

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
If you open Photo Booth again, is the video listed at the bottom of the Photo Booth window?

Have you taken a look at Macintosh HD / Users / YOU* / Pictures / Photo Booth?

* your Home folder, displayed in Finder's Sidebar with this icon:
HomeFolderIcon.png

Helljumper

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
I found the file in my Pictures/Photo Booth folder but it wouldn't play, even in VLC.

zxen

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
The number one rule in programming is, 'If your users need instructions, you have failed.'

----------

Your photobooth mov files are located in Macintosh HD/Users/{YOUR USERNAME}/Pictures/Photo Booth Library/Pictures.

Get rid of your Mac as soon as possible. Its a toy.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Usually in photo booth you can drag videos and photos from the app to the desktop...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-04 at 1.43.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-04 at 1.43.29 PM.png
    787.3 KB · Views: 5,945

rgnestle

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2016
After following these instructions, if you want to look at the individual files, you will have to bring up the context menu (right click on mouse or double tap on the track pad) and choose "show package contents." After that, the library acts as a regular folder.

If you open Photo Booth again, is the video listed at the bottom of the Photo Booth window?

Have you taken a look at Macintosh HD / Users / YOU* / Pictures / Photo Booth?

* your Home folder, displayed in Finder's Sidebar with this icon:
HomeFolderIcon.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.