where is the Apples Newest Innovation: Price Increase Thread?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Grokgod, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I posted in this thread as did many others and it was a good thread.
    Yet now i see that it has dissapeared, has it been deleted by the gods of information censorship!
    Ambitious Lemon had posted a near brillant missive of Apples newest,attempt at self destruction.
    Are we not allowed to voice ourselves on this board.

Or have i just missed it move to another area?

Anyone know what has happened to this thread.??

2. rEd Eye macrumors regular

You are not really allowed to say anything here that doesn't idealize,hype and glamorize Apple and their products.Constructive critisism is not encouraged here.
    This thread will be gone when you next look for it......
    (I think that Apple corp. may own this site......?)

3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

4. Grokgod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

uuuhhhh

Are you serious that this board is being censored by apple?

What did Cyrus say?

If all i can do on this board is speak happy thoughts about APPLE then all my fears about them are true and they are just like Microsoft.

This could be BAD news!

I want to know what happned, I post on this board and believe in free speech, I want to know if these american values are respected here!

I would like an answer from a moderator if there is one, if there are no free speech rights here, I will gladly go somewhere else where those rights are respected!

Maybe I will have to start my own board, where freedom is allowed.
    Is Macrumors so intimidated by mere words and opinions?

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

regarding threads

This messageboard is not censored by Apple...

The thread in question was not deleted by any of the moderators/gods. Users have been able to delete their OWN threads... which is probably what happened.

Due to the confusion that this causes... i've disabled this ability to delete threads you start.

Posts are only deleted by the moderators if they are:

1) pointless posts just posted to increase post counts... for example 5 posts which each state "I agree"

2) blatently offensive or illegal posts (warez/serials)

all other off-topic threads/posts will get closed rather than deleted.

Note: Frequently, people post to the wrong forum. These messages will be moved without warning to the proper forum.

arn

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

You're allowed to voice your opinion - good or bad about Apple. If this was not the case, I'd have banned gocyrus a while ago...

You just have to choose your battles however to get heard...

if you post real criticism/opinions and can have an intelligent discussion then that's great... i'm all for it.

If you post "Apple SUX" 5 times in a row and incite a flamewar... I will close the threads as this is NOT the place for advocacy/flamewars. It's about rumors discussion and forward looking topics about Apple.

arn

7. Grokgod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Thank you for the reply

I am happy to hear that the thread was not deleted by a moderator.

Though I find it strange that the user that started that thread would decide to delete it considering its content. Which I found quite interesting.

I do not think that my posts have been of the "Apple sux" content.
    I was really trying to voice my concerns about the recent events and to listen to others and their concerns in the matter, i found the answers very helpful.

Thank you for clearing up this issue.

My thanks

8. rEd Eye macrumors regular

Sorry ,being a wee bit sarcastic.I didn't expect to be taken too seriously in my previous statement.
    Probably came from a combo of my crappy sense of humour,and the fact that I do indeed find discussions with these hardcore mac devotees to be a little overly optimistic and one sidedly biased at times.
    But that's just me.Obviously I come here because I share an interest in the mac culture,as well as find the content of this site to be stimulating.
    Thank you for supplying the space to share my viewpoints,and to hear juicy rumours of things that make me drool.....G5!!!!!!!!

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Thank you for the reply

I wasn't implying that your posts were of that kind... just pointing out acceptable criticism vs flamebait.

arn

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hey, I think that agreen had closed the thread. He started it, and it turned into a flamewar with Cyrus. That happened a lot on Thursday. Thanks for responding arn.

11. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I didnt start that thread. The only thread I started was:

"This One is Small, Even by Our Standards"

I didnt even post to the thread you guys are talking about.

The thread I started before that was "Macs and Religion," and I think I set the record for highest replies. Not sure though. Im such a controversial little bugger.

12. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Oopss! Sorry for the misinfo. Gocyrus, or what ever his name is started the thread that they are talking about. Yours from Thursday is still open. I was posting so much yesterday that I got confused and did not keep track of the posts. Hope things are going well.
    Chuck

P.S.
    LOL on Cyrus (you have to know who he is)

13. Grokgod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Cyrus?

I am not certian who Cyrus is.

But i certianly am interested in who posted the thread for that would lead to who deleted it obviously and i could ask him, why?