Where is the new iPod??? :(

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sparks9, Feb 18, 2003.

1. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

2. sparks9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. vanillamike macrumors regular

4. Anne macrumors member

I posted this in another thread, but I'll add more here. In my hopeful checking this morning, I also checked out my bookmark to the apple ed. store. I noticed that finally they took away the round green "new" sticker from the ipods there. So this is the one that that's keeping me hopeful at this point. Perhaps a sign that someone there is thinking "oh yeah, maybe we should take away the newness before we add more newness" or something like that. :rolleyes:

I think that if there were any 5gb ipods left I would consider buying one at this point. I'm sure there are less die-hard Apple fans who gave up weeks ago and just bought some other brand of mp3 player. Do they realize how much business they must be losing buy not restocking or updating or dropping prices? I'll understand (though disagree) if they drop the 5gb model with price cuts across the board, but as long as they have the current prices, they are missing out by not offering their lowest priced product for sale. For some people only a couple of hundred of dollars is a big investment...

5. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Y'know... this much secret agent **** from Apple does get annoying...the hush hush and the big surprise releases... We're talkin' about a friggin' MP3 player, fergawdsakes. Not access codes to the Pentagon's war room.

:mad:

6. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I like waiting in suspense for the next Apple release. I don't know why... :confused:

7. Anne macrumors member

Well I do understand why they don't advertise new releases until they're ready to sell them. If we knew for sure when something new was coming, we'd stop buying the old way earlier than we do now.

Now only if they would make the old available up until the new came out... stupid 5gb #$%^@ ;)

8. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

so, ive been following this rumor for what seems like forever... and if an update was going to take this long i think they shouldve restocked the 5gigs and dropped the prices at macworld... that way at least, it wouldve put many people at ease about buying an ipod and then getting skrewed for a couple months at least... that is if a new ipod is even in the works... i dont know, im a lot frustrated with this nonsense already and i WANT AN IPOD BAD!!!!!!!

9. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I was wondering where the iPods were too. Maybe they will have an update next week.

10. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

(yawn) Mumblemumble.... Hey, did someone say iPod update? Where?! WHEN?!

:D

11. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I would imagine that Apple is aware that many people are waiting for new iPods.
    If they were flying off the shelves, then I can see them allowing inventory to fade away. But I cannot find any version at my local Target or Best Buy yet they had em back after Macworld.
    When pressed, Best Buy said that an order was pending but no delivery date listed.
    I would guess that Apple just wanted to let the last iPods in retail channel get to their new homes before announcing bigger and better models.
    Seems reasonable at least.

12. swahilibill macrumors 6502

i want a damn casing change, I really want like an aluminum backing on it like the powerbook material. I am tired of worrying about scratching my little guy, hes the best though. Plus, I have almost filled up my 5GB and I hope to update by MWNY 03 hopefully.

13. ndstephens macrumors newbie

i'm thinking that if there's just an update in the harddrive size then there's no reason to wait for current stock to clear out first. just bring on the 40gig. the only reason to let current models clear out would be if a major revamp is coming...b/c no one would buy the old models (unless they're really cheap). maybe we will see some radical changes. either way, i'm tired of waiting....i want to buy an iPod finally.

:confused:

14. BillyShears macrumors 6502

Anne -

Consider this, though...

Apple.com/iPod still lists the iPods as the "new" iPod family.

I will be watching your theory, though, by watching that page.

15. vanillamike macrumors regular

Billy,

Anne was refering to the little green stickers that never went away after the last update 7 months ago in the online stores. The hardware page you linked to will stay that way pretty much forever until they finally put a new "iPod family" in its place. The wait is soooo long.

Mike

16. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

LOL, sorry. Just trying to bring a bit of humour to the forum.