Where is the option key on a macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mazzy150, Jul 26, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

I feel really embarassed to ask this,but what does the option key look like on a macbook and where is it?I am really new to mac as i have never used a mac in my life.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mazzy

2. macrumors 65816

It's the key that says "option" :)

It's on the bottom row, two keys to the left of the space bar. Should say "alt" at the top and "option" at the bottom.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

4. macrumors newbie

Options / Alt

I have a new MacBook and the Alt key has "alt" at the top and a character that looks like a bath at the bottom. It doesn't have the word "Options" on it.

5. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. macrumors 68000

zephead

Yes, that's the Alt/Option key. That little symbol is Apple's "option" symbol. You'll see it in some of the menus at the top of the screen.

7. macrumors newbie

Another Mac user

Hello -

I am also a new MacBook user finally crossing over after years and years of PC-ing in my life. I also did not know where the 'options' key was. Even the help files and other stuff only mention the graphic symbol and the alt designation.

Any way, it's refreshing to try something new once in a while, even if it's a laptop that's a Mac.

Enjoy!!!:)

8. macrumors newbie

Option key

Duh, thanks for answering this query.

The option key on my Macbook has kept its secret well ... masquerading as the alt key with no mention of 'option' at all - just a strange hieroglyph.

9. macrumors 6502

The Economist