where is the original green meanie?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Apr 4, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

he he...i mean where did spikey go again?

he already has a half a dozen card carrying members of the anti zealot campaign he started

and the meaning of the anti zealot thing probably has been lost

we are talking about mac zealots here

sure macs are better than pc machines

but we don't need to falsify facts and be ignorant about it like some mac zealots are...go ahead and tell the world that your mac is the best, but don't go around telling me that it will shine your shoes and cook you dinner and is ten times faster than a pentium 4

ps - as for the green meanie comment, there are far meaner green meanies out there who use cleaner language but are real ****head mother ****ing **** ****s:D:D :D

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I think we've been keeping the Zealots down nicely.

On BOTH sides.

Between the AZ crew and the new forums we can pretty effectively avoid the hissyfits that typefy luls and (shudder) Expos. It's also gotten down to less than 20 doom and gloom threads per expo cuz we stir the pot.

It's good to have a forum around to explore concepts and specifics that fall outside the normal categories It's even nicer to have a group of regulars to keep it all moving. Now if Arn could get up the QA page we'd be set.

I think the Mac Zealots have pretty much all defected or gone Unibomber. Those that remain are, for the most part teens who just don't know any better.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i still have not seen a pc zealot...you know, like a true blue mac type

they (the pc users) are 95-96 percent of the market

that would be like a zealot group celebrating having two eyes

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

spikey

I haven't seen spikey around for a while either...

as far as Anti-Zealots go....I "joined" simply in attempt to be indifferent to the opinions that circle around here....Mac vs. PC...

I am Pro-Mac....but that does not mean that everyone should have one...

and I do want to see Apple succeed in this rat race of technology....but I can recognize the fact that some people need computers for different reasons...

however....I will still voice my opinion when I say that Mac OS (not X) is easier to troubleshoot and fix than Windows...

does that make me a hypocrite? he he he...:p

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I know one personally, and he's an ass. We don't see eye 2 eye in a lot of things. There's not much you can do about, he's not exactly a techie, either, I think he just likes the whole MS ideal. Uuhhh, shudder....:(

6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

re: ms ideal

microsoft does have a way of having their interconnecting parts and cute packaging like legos and it is easy to compute in an all microsoft world if that's all you know

but if your friend branches out and tries other software and hardware (macs, linux, unix), he may change his opinion on everything wintel

unfortunately, most people only know a computing world of windows and other microsoft software and they have become comfortable with it and are not willing to change

the battle for computer industry supremacy was won when bill gates saw the value of software back when ibm and hewlett packard so no future in the software world...that is when microsoft lay claim to the entire field

apple never stood a chance because they didn't port their os to others or have a philosophy of threatening people in the style of microsoft