Where is the White Sox fever?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chip NoVaMac, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Surprising there has not been more comment about the World Series so far.

Go Sox!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

because the white sox suck?

Go Astros!

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Not looking good at the bottom of the 6th. We're down 4-2. I hope that we win this thing, just to stick it to the Cubs fans. The Astros don't deserve to win after having to see their crazy uniforms throughout the years. The Colt 45s, perhaps. The Astros, no.

4. PBGPowerbook macrumors regular

because it's one of those series where, even though I know it's impossible, I'm hoping, somehow, that both teams will lose.

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

.... cubs fans have nothing to gain from this series except for some interesting baseball ... I'll watch but I have no cheering interest

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

my only cheering interest is i don't like the white sox, or hell chicago in general.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really don't care either way since the Yankees are not in it but I would rather the Sox win then the Astros, Clemens has enough rings.:rolleyes:

edit: well a grand slam maybe I will get my wish

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The reason nobody cares about this series is that nobody really cares about the White Sox or Astros but the people in Chicago or Houston, and then only half of Chicago cares and probably nobody in Houston as thats not really a baseball city. It seems like the fans don't really care as much as fans from New York or Boston who live by every pitch. Do these fans even know they are at a ball game, show some enthusiasm.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

White Sox fever? I get the chills just thinking about it ...

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Well, they just went 2 up in the Series with a homerun in the bottom of the ninth. Could be just a lot of people watching the games and not posting.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

No, I just don't think people really care.

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Ya, we noticed what you think, three times now. :cool:

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im actually curious about that ratings Fox will get since everyone wanted 2 different teams in it for a change I wonder how many people will actually like the teams that are in it. So far there isn't any drama that will get people to really watch and no true underdog for people to route for.

14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Sox up 2-0 in the series. Let's win the next two and bring this trophy home.

15. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

I agree, Astros rock!

16. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I wanted to see the Cards in it, but that's why they play the games. I am glad that two teams are playing who have been a long time out (did the Colt 45's get that far before they were the Astros?), but whether or not the ratings will be up or down probably depends on whether Houston shows up; I do think Chicago will come alive if they go all the way, though, so a blanket "nobody cares" is an overstatement, though we can't expect anything else from a Yankee fan.;)

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The Astros franchise formally the Colt 45's were never in a World Series.

18. fuzzwud macrumors regular

Houston is a huge sports town ... People don't care about baseball in Houston? The whole city has been crazy into it. Go Astros! hope Clemens can come back for game 5.

19. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

good grief... i know i got in to it with you before in the other baseball thread... but DO YOU EVEN WATCH BASEBALL?? do you have a clue?

drama??

hello?? the white sox haven't won a series in YEARS, bagwell and biggio have played for 15 years together and haven't been to a series, etc, etc, etc.

did you see the game the other night with the amazing pitching performances? maybe the game tonight? do you know what the term 'walk-off homerun' means?

you people that bitch and moan and bitch and moan about your teams not being in the series make me ill... should we not play for championships if your team isnt contending? should we shut the sport down? do all the games automatically suck because it isn't the yankees or the other sox?

NO!

it's STILL BASEBALL! and it's still fun to watch.... if you people would get over yourselves...

(go O's 2006)

20. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I agree. Yankees fans and/or Boston fans tend to believe that the baseball world revolves around them. Chicago is a baseball town. Both teams havn't won the series since the 19-teens, but we still love our teams.

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

He'd better, after all the ones Mo has given up to the Red Sox the past few years :D

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I do seem to remember one that Schilling gave up to Arod this year.:p

23. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Take a couple asprin and go to bed ... after you knock that fever down, you should get rid of the chills. ;)

24. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I had the pleasure of being in Chicago last weekend when they won their Sunday night game. Got the chance to read the local papers with the back stories. It gave me a greater appreciation of the White Sox.

I could be licking my wounds that the Nationals melted down in the second half of the season, killing any chance for the playoffs.

Those that are watching the series are being treated to some powerful ball playing by the Sox.

Attached Files:

25. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Fact of life - if it had been the Cubs, there would have been a lot more interest than the WSox. They had a great season, but the national interest just isn't there, even with the story lines. Houston is a great story too, with Bagwell and Biggio, Clemens and Pettite. And yet, the interest seems to be flat outside of the 2 towns themselves.

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]