Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnhalsted

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
I had the retina pro since 10th july, using it for hours everyday
for reference its the 2.6Ghz 16gb version with 512gb HD

Before i owned this i have had other macbook pro's, air's and the old ibook! so i have had a fair share and would think that i would be able to shot this lagg but i cannot!

People are constantly moaning about it but i just cannot see it, and i am quite picky with stuff like that. Some of my friends computers / laptops lagg like a piece of **** and it grosses me out.

TL:DR: I cant see any gui lagg, where is it!

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Do you have stacks in your dock?
In my experience, with stacks, the UI is slightly jittery on the iGPU, and smooth on the dGPU.

If you change your stacks to display as folders, the UI lag vanishes on the iGPU.

If you're using stacks and you're on the iGPU, I think you're lying about not seeing any jitter. :rolleyes:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I had the retina pro since 10th july, using it for hours everyday
for reference its the 2.6Ghz 16gb version with 512gb HD

Before i owned this i have had other macbook pro's, air's and the old ibook! so i have had a fair share and would think that i would be able to shot this lagg but i cannot!

People are constantly moaning about it but i just cannot see it, and i am quite picky with stuff like that. Some of my friends computers / laptops lagg like a piece of **** and it grosses me out.

TL:DR: I cant see any gui lagg, where is it!
This post is irrelevant, just use your Mac, keep to yourself, and all is well.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I have not experienced it either and I have ML installed on various types of Macs that I deal with almost daily.
2011 iMac i5 27" 2010 MBA 13"
2010 iMac i3 27" 2010 Mini
2009 iMac i5 27" 2011 Mini
2009 iMac C2D 20" 2010 MBP 13"
2009 MBP C2D 15"

All of my iMacs have SSD's as well as the 09 MBP , MBA so they may be helping but people with rMBP's are complaining about it.

The ONLY problem I have had so far has been my MBA freezing up the first time it starts a flash movie.
I would have to hold the power button to force a restart and it would play the video fine then it would randomly freeze again hours later.

Adobe pushed a new flash build a day or two ago and I haven't experienced this again. Hopefully it is gone for good.

Lag free.

phyrexia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
without really worrying about it a lot, it feels like the GUI is a tad slower with the integrated graphics and a tad faster with the discrete graphics.

johnhalsted

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Do you have stacks in your dock?
In my experience, with stacks, the UI is slightly jittery on the iGPU, and smooth on the dGPU.

If you change your stacks to display as folders, the UI lag vanishes on the iGPU.

If you're using stacks and you're on the iGPU, I think you're lying about not seeing any jitter. :rolleyes:

I use stacks all the time :eek:, just opened and closed one about 50 times on discreet and integrated, cant see any difference, honestly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.