where is this song?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by millar876, Sep 30, 2005.

1. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

I cant find one specific version of a song, and its driving me nuts.

It all started when i watched "bill & Teds bogus journey" and the song at the end is "God gave rock and roll to you" by "kiss" and it has a fantastic, long guitar solo of an intro, that bill and ted mime(?) very badly to. Now the credits say "God gave rock and roll to you" by "kiss", I have the greatest hits (with god gave rock and roll to you) and the greatest hits (with god gave rock and roll to you II) neither one of those is the one im looking for. anybody got it or have any ideas where to get it or what its called.

HELP!!!

2. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

According to this site, "God Gave Rock and Roll to You II" is the one from the Bill and Ted soundtrack. (Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page). You could also look for the soundtrack itself, although another site said it was out of print.

3. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Oh how I love that song. Now you've got me a-craving for it. Going to play it next in Party Shuffle after Supertramp have finished.

4. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

found it... kind of

:)
    After intencive searching of forums other than this one (hey i never said we were exclusive) i found out that the song itself was indeed god gave rock and roll to you II, however the solo intro to it is called "The Final Solo" and its by Steve Vai and on the album "Elusive Light and Sound, Vol." which my wonderfull Sister in law put in my .mac drop box for me (thanx for the 1 gig apple) and i hacked then together in garage band, sounds ok, BUT I still want to get my hands on the full thing, the way the individual tracks were put together for the film. and its NOT on the soundtrack in that way.