1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Where oh where is the information on Apple Care/Protection Plan?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sec08, Aug 15, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I've wondered if I should get the extended plan, but don't have enough information to make a decision: I can't find any "real" hard information about exactly what the plan covers. For example does it cover accidents? What kind?

Now I wonder even more where the facts are located because I sprayed some insect repellent on me but it hit a couple spots on the plastic of the notebook, of which a surface covering (like a clear coating) lifted and bubbled, and which I find unsightly.

Is there a website that has this information please? I've Googled both Apple and Mac warranty without luck. Just get info on how much it costs for how long.

Thank you.

2. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

Here's Apple's AppleCare description: http://www.apple.com/support/products/proplan.html

AppleCare will extend your computer's original 1-year warranty to a total of 3 years (and must be purchased before the first year has expired).

No, accidental damage is not covered.

3. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

4. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

They won't cover cosmetic damage cause by you. I would check into your renter's or homeowners insurance for that.

5. macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I've sen that a lot. Just says Comprehensive Plan. To me comprehensive includes accidents. Need to know exactly what it covers.

Much better information there. Thank you!

6. macrumors demi-god

alphaod

It's basically extending the warranty to 3 years, covers parts and labor for repairs. Does not cover anything cosmetic and does not cover accidents.