Where should I buy my Mac?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sethwerkheiser, Jan 22, 2003.

1. sethwerkheiser macrumors regular

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Either an Apple store or from apple.com... Don't go with any third party retailers. Support Apple as much as possible

3. iPegboy macrumors regular

Use the phone. I was going to purchase a 12" iBook and called. And the guy told me about a 14" refurbished for nearly the same price. I got the apple care plan, so it is under the same warrenty as a new one, and almost a year later, no problems. I say call.

4. sethwerkheiser thread starter macrumors regular

when I had called before the guy was SUPER friendly. I told him I wasnt ready to buy yet but was thinking about it (I'm SUPER close now). He gave me his extension and told me to call him when I was ready, and that he would hook me up with everything he could. I'm sorta leaning to that route now. hehe

5. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

O and here's me hoping to be part of the "technological age" by ordering an Apple over the "Information Superhighway" while "surfing" at the Apple "website".

When infact the phone is mighter than the "mouse", i should be ringing not "clicking".

Damn!:)

I didn't think phoning would offer the better deal, now i will thanks guys!

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah the shipping cost for over the phone is nothing big anyway some of the places like Mac Connection and Mac Warehouse get the apple free stuff (like upgraded ram when I got my iMac) and they also might add something like a printer (which I got also) so they are fine and nice.

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I might be biased a little, but get it through your local Mac store if you have a good one around. It helps their relationship with Apple when they order machines for you, which lets them give you better service down the road. Also, most of them will set it up and let it run for a while to make sure you don't get a bad machine.

JW

8. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I live in the UK, there is no apple store, but i will buy off they just to support them.

9. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i have heard nothing but stories of outstanding service and deals from General Cybernetics.

www.generalcybernetics.com/apple

Give it a look, and maybe you'll end up supporting Back2theMac, a fellow MR member.