Where should I go for Vacation?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Oct 12, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well since there is all kinds of people on this board and have been to all kinds of places I am going to ask here. Now I am going on the basis that my parents will pay for one nice trip, either for Christmas break or Spring break, but could pay for both since it's my senior year.

Here is my first choice. I am thinking about going with my best friends to Bombay, Inda. They have a house down there and personal drivers so it should be fun as hell. If anybody has any opinions let me know. this would be for christmas break.

My second choice would be touring Europe, which should be fun, but I don't know if it would be worth it since I would only be able to stay 1 week. Now I am picking these places because all my friends are going on some stupid cruise to Mexico, and I hate mexico and it seems that is where everyone goes. My grandparents have a house in Mazatlan and I am getting tired of Mexico. Anyways let me know what you guys think I would enjoy more, or any other places that would be around the same price range of goign to Europe (I belive Europe would be much more than goign to India.)

iJon

2. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Don't tour Europe (for one week) tour *one* european country!

Choose carefully :D

3. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am definitely of the opinion that it's good to tour one country during a short vacation

my brother, a travel agent privvy to great deals, likes to see tons of places and different countires in a relatively short period of time

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I would go to Hawaii. Winter is the best time of the year to go there, as it is to hot and humid in the summer. It would be a blast. Scuba Diving, Snorkling, etc.

I went to Italy for one week, and it wasn't enough. I got to see about 1/3 of the things I would have liked to.

What about Australia? I think that would be badass. Take a trip to Sydney or Melbourne....

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....India would be good for week....you really can't do europe in a week - you'd need more than that for just one country.....and as said above, europe is much more expensive than India would be......I just returned from Switzerland and even though it was my second trip there in a year, I still did not see all I wanted too (and it's a smaller country!)....oh yeah!

6. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Unless your really specific Australia will take a lot longer than a week. It's HUGE. You can do Sydney and the 'nearish' stuff like the Blue Mountains in a week I guess. Or Melbourne and a couple of places in Victoria. But even then you'd be pushing it. Unless you've got plenty of time then you're gonna be doing a lot of internal flights.

'Doing' a continent like Australia or Europe is a bit like saying I'm gonna 'do the States'. It's just not possible.

7. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

ok new plan. my mom gave me this great idea which i think i am going to do. i know i said i dont like mexico, but this plan my mom gave me changed my mind. my grandparents live in utah and go down to mexico for half the year when it gets cold. my mom is gonna fly us down there and put us in a hotel. but when we want to eat when can go to my grandparents as well as take their car and drive around the city. i think this is gonna be only way i can get my parents to let us go somewhere with no one really watching over us.

iJon

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

If you want to have an ver active/action Rambo style of vacation come to Venezuela. I can take you to the border with Colombia and you can have a nice two weeks of heavy combat with the Colobian guerrilla.

If you bring your own gun we can give you the ammo that you need. We have special combos with rifles, 9mm, and granade lucher; or MK-47, Fal and a few hand granades. The chooper is and expesive extra but you will be a easy target so I do not recomend you.

That is only 2 hours by plane from Miami and 6 hours by truck from Caracas.

I can find you a good deal $$$ if you are interested.

Note: Navy Seals have 35% discount. :D

9. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

i would say that is funny but you would probably get mad. we all know you live in some hell hole where people die all the time, you tell us this everytime. but if you were joking around i will admit it was pretty funny.

iJon

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If your parents are willing to pay for a trip, don't miss out on the chance. So is your Mom cool with the thought of Europe or India? I agree that a week would not be enough to tour Europe. My wife went for a 2 month tour with an American Express package. She went on a tour of the Northern route then the Southern route.

11. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

yeah my parents will pay, they dont care. i just went into the kitchen and said its senior year and i want to go somewhere.

iJon

12. Ikash macrumors member

Don't you guys think that mexico in the win the winter time would be boring cuz everyones away with there famalies.??

13. Ikash macrumors member

14. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

shut the hell up kash, your going with me and you know you want to.

iJon