Where tha Rumors at?

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Jun 9, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

teabgs

The hottest topic of conversation here is getting Mischief to cough up 30 bones.

I havent heard any new rumors for a few weeks....its always "Apple PDA" BS and "G5 or G4?"

Where all the rumors at? I crave the excitement and speculation of an upcoming MacWorld Expo. There rumors we got a few weeks ago made me hungry for more, yet nothing seems to be coming in....:(

We gotta get something....if anyone here is from apple, just throw us a bone or something? :D please.....:D

2. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Things have definitely been quiet lately...

But I heard from a friend yesterday that SJ will introduce a new application at MWNY called iRumor which will automatically scour the 'Net for rumor news and bring them back in an easy to read form. Plus it features filters for websites you wish to exclude...:D

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Now THAT'S innovation!! yeehaw! :p

Can you use logos from the sites to distinguish where the rumors origionated, ala iChat? :rolleyes:

4. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Yes, it will do that...and much more!

It creates a database of past rumors, and compares the new rumors to give you a likelihood score, as well as keeping a list of the top 10 most likely rumors that dynamically updates itself each time it runs.:D

5. thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

can you choose it to display in multiple fonts and colors? and use bar graphs, bell curves, and line graphs? :D

6. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

It is completely customizable, from what I've been told, so font, color, everything can be changed to your liking.

It has limited graphing capabilities at this time (expect it in an iRumor 1.1 release), but it does have bar graphing with transparency/3D effects (like Office X).:D

7. macrumors 68030

britboy

It's pretty hard to have rumours, when in the past few weeks we've had virtually the whole line-up revamped, not to mention the new Xserve :p

Have no fear though, MWNY is but a few weeks away, and rumours, wild speculation, and gratuitous name-calling will no doubt resume in due course :D

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Yes, I imagine it will get a bit hairy around here. Any bets on how many separate G5 rumor threads are up and active at the same time the week before MWNY?

Then there will be Eye's favorite, Apple PDA....

Jaguar....I'll not go on

Your welcome:D

9. thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

yeah, that's true, BUT....something has to happen. They're not gonna let MWNY roll by without something right? There's gotta be more then a 1.4GHZ G4, some new software, I don't know what there should be, but it should help to complete the Digital Hub. Something HAS to come out to wow the consumer and keep this ball of converts and rave reviews going!

If we get an updated iMac and an updated G4 it's good, but not as impressive as Apple has been since last fall. It'd be a shame to let the momentem die...

10. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its going to be more than just a speed bump, and we'll probably see a new enclosure design. Those will be pretty cool. Apple knows that they have to do something other than 2 processors to define the ProLine of machines.

4 CPUs would be cool, new bus and memmory. And look at the requirements for that possible buyout that's in the rumors articles, that's one CPU intensive package. Apple would need some kick@ss system to run it effectively.

11. macrumors 68030

britboy

Thing is though, apple are keeping the momentum up, precisely by doing things the way they are now. By not waiting for expos, and releasing products inbetween, they keep excitement up, act unpredictibly... the macworlds aren't such a concentration of products as they used to be. If we see a dual 1.4GHz, i would be excited. The iMac update can wait. Of perhaps it will be the other way round. Either way, i'm not expecting more than one h/w upgrade. 10.2 is a possibility, but again, they might not announce that at a MW.

12. macrumors 68020

Beej

We should all band together and put together of an up-and-coming, top-secret Apple handheld! We could make some movies, then launch a new site off all the press we get! We could call it... iWa1k!!!

Who's in?

13. macrumors 68030

britboy

*slap*

Woops, did my hand just slip?

14. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wait, try that again while I hold him....

15. macrumors 68020

Beej

Judging from my stinging cheek, yes. It would seem that way. :)

16. macrumors 68030

britboy

Bingo! ;) :p

17. macrumors 68020

Beej

Folks, this kind of thing happens all the time in the private forum. All the more reason to become a Demi-God! :D

18. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Word. Demi-Godhood's where it's at!:D

Bingo, what're you doing in Spain!?!?!??!

19. macrumors 68020

Beej

Ahh, someone noticed! Over the last few days I've been travelling around Europe... I've been in France, Switzerland, Monaco, and today Spain. Not sure where I'll go next...

20. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Awesome!!! Where are you finding internet connections for getting online?

Make sure not to spend too much time on here and miss out on all the sights.

21. macrumors newbie

re: iRumor

I hope it has built in google translation or all those wacky foreign rumors! :D

22. thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

It's not fair....I cant use paypal cause I dont remember the password and the email account I'd signed up with isnt valid any more....:(

I sent them an email, but have to wait to hear from them before I can paypal some $$$ to arn....

23. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Allright, the DGVPG has added you to "the list"...expect to hear from us soon.:D

24. thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

I've noticed the "DGVPG" in some of the signatures around here.....all I can figure out is "Demi-God" which I KNOW is the first two letters, is the next one for "vigilantes" ???? And I'm at a loss for the PG

25. macrumors 68020

Beej

I'm just kidding, buddy :) In reality, I'm just sittin gin my room, studying for exams :(

I'd like to be travelling Europe, though!