where the $#@% does itunes put photos it syncs FROM your iphone? (windows)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 73CortinaV8, May 8, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

This is on windows 7, itunes 10 something, ios 4.1something

I've searched around for 45 minutes for this.

I cannot find where itunes is putting the the photos synced FROM my iphone on to my PC that I have taken with the iphone.

I can find options for syncing photos TO the phone, which to mean is semi-useless. I want to get the photos I've taken with the phone on to my PC. no dice.

help?

:)

2. macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't have a Windows machine so I can't speak from experience, but I don't believe iTunes automatically syncs photos over from the iPhone on a Windows machine. In fact, I don't believe it automatically syncs on my Mac either, I have to open up iPhoto at which point I am prompted to import photos.

A quick Google search though did bring me this page with instructions on how to do so manually. http://www.trickyways.com/2010/01/transfer-iphone-pictures-to-pc-windows-7/

3. macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Umm can't you just import them? When I use bootcamp and connect my iP4 I can browse my camera roll files through explorer.

4. macrumors 68040

boss.king

Step 1: Connect phone to computer
    Step 2: Wait for AutoPlay to pop up
    Step 3: Click 'Open device to view files'
    Step 4: Doubleclick 'Internal Storage'
    Step 5: Doubleclick 'DCIM'
    Step 6: Doubleclick the folder inside that one
    Step 7: Copy the pictures in here to a new folder
    Step 8: There is no step 8
    Step 9: This folder is now the folder you keep your iPhone photos in, it must be backed up manually

This is correct to the best of my knowledge, if someone has a better way (possibly automated?) please correct me

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors 65816

actually if you just import the pictures the regular way through Autoplay, then when Windows picture Gallery pops up, right click on one of those photos and click show containing folder.