Where the heck is xCode?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jigglelicious, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

I was under the impression that xCode comes standard with OSX 10.3 Panther. However, it was not installed when I installed panther on my eMac using the install discs that it came with, and searching through the cd's and DVD's that it came with have revealed nothing. So where exactly is xCode then? Apple's website has been of no help either. I'd like to port a windows app over to OSX.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

3. Jigglelicious thread starter macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

I do not have a /Installers/ folder, it is not on any of the discs that came with my eMac, and the download requires an ADC membership which I do not have. Any other ideas where it could be hiding?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And right under the ADC membership it has a thing that says register for free to download xCode.
    The System Restore disk came with your eMac -- and will install the developer stuff in the Applications folder (most likely in a "package" that needs to be installed)...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42929

[​IMG]

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You can join for free.

6. Jigglelicious thread starter macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

Thanks for the help guys. I wasn't aware that anyone could sign up for free for ADC. I'm downloading xCode as I... err.. type.

And just for the record, my restore CD's do NOT look like that screenshot. My eMac came withe 3 discs - the first one is a DVD that only lets you install OSX through a restart. There are no other options or installers available on the disc. The other 2 are also labeled software restore, but are CD's instead of DVD's. But when I insert them, there i nothing on it except for a PDF that just instructs me to use the 1st disc. No optional installers... nothing.