Where the hell is iLife '07?

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by theprizefight, Jan 9, 2007.

1. macrumors member

I've been waiting 3 weeks to buy a MBP assuming at least that iLife 07 would be announced today. Yet iLife 06 is still in the apple store..ARGH. Absolutely no computer announcements. This is extremely frustrating.

2. macrumors 65816

cbrain

I know how you feel, I was really looking forward to iLife 07...

3. macrumors regular

seh80

I'm really bummed out by this. My Christmas present was a gift card to apple.com, so I could buy iLife '07 today. Instead there is nothing! Boo.

4. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Perhaps iLife 07 will see some major enhancements and as a result, be released in tandem with Leopard to capitallize on certain functionality/integration. :cool:

5. macrumors regular

The iPhone is groundbreaking don't get me wrong here I am so excited in anticipation for this to be released. On the other hand I was hugely let down by no other interesting releases, including iLife 07'!

What is this iTV nonsense? Microsoft's Xbox 360 has just been announced with a rumored better price per feature model than this thing. Already beaten to the punch Jobs threw this offstage as quickly as possible to actually impress us. Then nothing. No iLife, no new Macbook Pro case design, no official Tablet, no nothing.

Also why only Cingular? I have T-Mobile and they have much better coverage in my area! Bleh now I have to wait 3 years before I can actually use this much heralded tech.

6. macrumors 6502a

macman2790

i hope so, os x should include ilife 07 on the os x install dvd. Not just with new computers.

7. macrumors 6502a

Wasnt there a quote from the Big Cheese Steve that "it's all included" or simmilar, hinting that ilife, iwork will be included in os releases again?

8. macrumors 6502a

Usually, if you buy a computer from Apple in a year and it has last years iLife, take your receipt to Apple and they will give you the latest version. They usually put a note/voucher in the box telling you to take it to someone that sells iLife and you can get it, for free.

Contact Apple first though, I haven't heard of anyone getting any vouchers yet.

9. Moderator emeritus

Tomorrow is another day.

Considering the lack of consumer shows for a while, it's likely that both iLife and iWork updates will be announced before the end of the week and available by the end of January, along with 10.4.9.

10. macrumors G4

skunk

Does anyone actually have any idea what iLife 07 will consist of? Personally, I'd be happy if they just sorted out the mess that is iTunes 7.

11. macrumors member

I'm really disappointed with these annoucements. Where's the stuff for their computers? Leopard? iLife 07? It just seems like they're pushing into every aspect of the market as quickly as possible. A business is like a tree...ignore the roots, and it'll die. Not that I'm saying Apple's going anywhere, but there a lot of disappointed people.

It just seems ridiculous that they would only announce Apple TV and the iPhone, and nothing else! There's really nothing for anyone - every single person in that room, watching Jobs give his Keynote, without a doubt, has their own phone in their pocket.

The iPhone doesn't offer anything new to an already saturated market. If we wanted to look ahead at developing cell phone technologies, one quick glimpse across the ocean and we'd see it all in Japan. In Tokyo, their phones are their train tickets. One swipe of the cell phone over a reader and you're sorted. Internet and music is old news for them, as it is for most of the world. And a touch screen? Now there's a problem waiting to happen.

2 thumbs down for Keynote '07. Bring on Leopard and iLife '07! Satisfy your computer consumers!

12. macrumors G4

skunk

Leopard was never going to be ready yet, and the iPhone merited the whole keynote to itself. What are you complaining about?

And most of them are probably ready to ditch those phones for something better.

13. macrumors 6502a

You've never used a smartphone have you? my P910 had a physical flip keyboard/number pad, and i removed it (removal is a standard feature of the p910) and just use the touch screen for the last 6 or so months. never been happier. screw a physical button that gets worn and doesnt show you the number any more.

You could say the PC market is saturated by Windows, and the Server market is saturated by Dell/HP/IBM/Sun and Microsoft/Linux, but they still operate in both markets sucessfully. the iPod is proof that they can produce lifestyle devices that people just want, regardless of their computer.

14. Retired

psychofreak

Never, ever, put these words together again, you hear me?

15. macrumors newbie

Awww I'm getting a MacBook on the 21st of January, what if iLife 07 is announced on the 22nd ? :(

16. Moderator emeritus

They'll likely slip an extra disc in the package and you'll install iLife '07 separately.

17. macrumors 6502a

whats wrong with Big Cheese Steve? :p

18. macrumors member

This is true. Never underestimate the appeal of shiny objects. (I know they get me everytime!)

Me too! I'm ordering a MacBook Pro on the 19th of January! Do you think that I'll get stuck with iLife '06? If it comes out a week later will I get a free upgrade?

19. macrumors 6502a

grafikat

I feel vindicated that I bought my MB in December! I thought I'd be kicking myself!

20. macrumors newbie

I'm not actually ordering mine, I'm buying it at (Singapore) Changi Airport (go parents credit card!, go!) so I doubt I'd get a cd slipped in :(

21. macrumors G4

It may be there that never will be an iLife 07. Apple may decide to include it with Leopard.

22. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

Ohh, I'd love that, more money to put towards the iPhone.

I think the lack of computer related announcements today was to underscore the name change to Apple Inc. It's a whole new world baby, and computers are only a part of it.

23. macrumors newbie

Seriously ... iPhone rocked the world

Forgot about my calling my Cingular sales rep and begging for first dibs ... $10-billion in Apple stock traded today ... Valuation was up many billions of dollars. Forget Jenna Jamison -- Steve Jobs performance are truly pay-per-view of the finest kind!

Can you imagine what would have happened if some of this stuff was actually in-stock at the Apple retail stores!

24. macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

I would be giving the Apple Sales Representatives my sympathy. It could potentially be a relive of the day after thanksgiving for them or grand opening.

25. macrumors regular

winterdude010

Just cause you change your name doesn't mean you don't need to talk about computer stuff Apple!!