Where to buy a G4 For Tower?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Macs R Us, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2004
    Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I have a need for the earlyes PowerMac G4 (speed) not a probelm... I needed it as a server... Dose any one know where I could get a cheap one (besides eBay:))... Please let me know...
  2. morkintosh macrumors regular

Nov 25, 2003
    e-bay would be your best bet ...

but if you are a student (or know one) you could always check out the campus computer store (http://sales.unl.edu/catalog/results/resultsbydescrweb.asp). You used to be able to get these from the Apple online store, but I don't see them there now; maybe your local apple store still has some in stock.

e-bay really would be your best bet ...
  3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Cheap G4

I've recently been shopping for a G4 myself; The cheapest ones will always be on ebay but I you don't want to go that route try DVWarehouse or Mac of All Trades. Shreve Systems also occasionally has a G4 tower. Ultimately ebay could save you $100 or more, but the places I listed above have decent selection and warranties are available. At the low end, you should be able to get a 350/400 Mhz Sawtooth for less than $450 shipped. G3 Blue & White towers are cheaper still if you're willing to go that route.
  4. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

Apr 21, 2004
    Can you say Chi-City??