Where to buy a G4 imac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Pooldraft, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Pooldraft macrumors member

Sep 16, 2004
    I am looking at getting a G4 iMac, i am guessing that because of the new G5 ones the G4's might be a little cheaper. (me, poor college student) I need a mac.
  2. ebook macrumors 6502

Jun 10, 2004
    Sprint Car Capital of the World
    I might as well say it because probably others would mention it also. First piece of advice would probably be to check e-Bay or the selling forum on this board. But, I know that they have been showing up on Apple's Refurb section in their store. That would be my best bet. You might pay a little more, but it will have just been checked out by the company. You could also look at some of the resellers like Small Dog or PowerMax. These are just a few common ideas.
  3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Apple Refurbs would probably be your best bet, though I saw a 17" going for $935 :eek: at Microcenter [microcenter.com] recently.

Unfortunately, they only had one and it was a return. I haven't seen it on their website; I'm guessing it was just an in-store thing. :(
  4. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    From me!!!

You can have my 17" 1Ghz, 768mb, 80gb, Superdrive for $1100.

It is in great shape, no dead pixels, nice.
  5. allroy macrumors member

Mar 10, 2004
    go for the G5 iMac

for $1199 you can get the base model then upgrade the RAM. The G4's were a good bit more than the G5's so I doubt you'll get one cheap enough to make up the difference in speed and longevity.