Where to Buy a Powermac 7300/200?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by mac57, Nov 25, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2011
    Hi, I am looking to buy a vintage Powermac 7300/180 or 7300/200. I ad one "back in the day" and loved it - regrettably, like so many others, my employer decided that Windows 95 was good enough and "upgraded" us all to PCs.

Many years later now, I would like to buy one for myself - I'm a bit of a collector. Besides eBay, Craigslist and HeadGap, are you aware of other active "vintage" sites? Thanks!
  2. macrumors regular

Feb 8, 2011
    Good places would be 68kmla.org and vintage-computer.com forums. I know there's more, but those are the 2 that come to mind.
  3. -hh
    macrumors 68020

Jul 17, 2001
    NJ Highlands, Earth
    Another possibility would be to decide if you really have to have nothing less than a 7330 from a nostalgic perspective, since there's probably plenty of MR readers who have similar vintage machines, although of different models. For example, I have an 8500 laying around unused that could use a new home.

4. macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2008
    Oh man ... I just had two 7300/200's recycled about a month ago. Would have been nice to send them to a nice new home.
  5. macrumors newbie

Feb 10, 2012
    Powermac 7300/200

Hi, I have a 7300/200 Powermac in working condiction here in Palermo, Sicily.
    If you are still interested, I can send it to you, if you pay me the delivery charges.
  6. macrumors member

Sep 20, 2011
    This will break your heart.

I had a garage sale to help clear a deceased estate.

I was using 7300 no-goes as legs on a test bench.

They were in the hundreds, stacked two and three deep against the wall floor to ceiling.

Most were unsold and their fate is unknown after being returned to storage.

They sold for not much, the no-goes were a $1 and one guy bought about 14 or so and we found some more so we kept stacking them in the car until he left.