iPad mini Where to buy an iPad mini this week?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djearlybird, Dec 15, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Friend of mine called me for some help because i'm an Apple guy. He needs to buy an iPad mini last minute for the holiday. I said he might be out of luck but i'd try and help. Obviously he should have planned ahead, but what is the best option to land a 16GB White wifi now? .com says a week to ship, and probably another week for delivery. I tried using the store tracker, but no Apple stores in 100 miles are showing stock. Suggestions?

2. macrumors newbie

3. thread starter macrumors regular

4. macrumors newbie

I don't know if you want to make the trip to NYC or not, but there are plenty of ipad minis at the Soho and 5th Ave stores. I've seen Bestbuy around the City with minis in stock also.

5. macrumors 68020

MrGimper

Cloud cuckoo land by the sound of it!

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah they have the higher capacity versions, but not the 16GB in either white or black.

----------

Go troll somewhere else

7. macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Getting a 16GB in either black or white is going to be pretty difficult at this point. They're definitely the most in demand. His best bet might be to check the online inventory at the nearest Apple Stores each night at 10pm. That's when they update the inventory for the next day, and if some come in stock he might get a chance to reserve one for pickup the next morning.

8. macrumors newbie

I have also been looking and checking every night. It seems that they are not updating at all. Maybe the stock in store is what they have until the holiday?

I went ahead and ordered online. If it gets here a day or two after, no big deal.

9. AppleWarMachine, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

The 16GB black wifi mini that I ordered from Apple is going to be delivered on Monday (dec. 17) and its going back the next day because I ordered the iPad 4 which will be delivered on Monday also. I guess I could sell the mini on eBay since they are in short supply before Christmas