Where to buy Apple shares?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CrackedButter, Mar 7, 2003.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Where can i buy shares in apple from?

Thats all.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You appear to be a UK resident like I am. Unfortunatly Apple is a US company that trades on the Nasdaq. You need to find a broker that will enable you to deal in US stocks from the UK. Note that you are taking a double risk here - 1 on the stock and 1 on FX

[Edit - looked up the exchange]

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Here is an example of a company that would allow you to buy shares in Apple (APPL on Nasdaq) http://www.iii.co.uk/sharedealing/

Note that I have no affiliation with this company, but I also am not recommending them. I've never used them. If they steal all your money it's not my fault.

4. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

sure you dont want to invest in something else. if you look at apple's charts they havent been the best in the stock market. they may make great computers but their stock sure sucks. so dont be surprised if you go under and have to wait a while to break even again.

iJon

6. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I was merly interested because i heard you could get a special plaque and all for a single share...somebody gave me that link.

But any ho i was interested in buying some stock in red hat since its so cheap and to me that means it can only go UP!

Maybe sun or SCO as well...joking.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

that's why it's a great time to get them :p
    when the ppc 970 comes out and when they start making affordable software apple's stock will skyrocket :)

8. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

I agree completely, I have, just recently bought a nice large chunk. Apple's stock, IMHO, is underrated currently, and really worth buying. It's only a matter of time till we will all look back and say "man, that was a good time to buy".

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

but you see, people think that when new stuff comes out apples stock sky rockets. this is not true, it usually drops. go look at charts over the past years, it has dropped majorly over time. its like the people who tell everyone to guy buy apple stock right before macworld. the stock almost every time drops right after macworld. i really do believe brokers when they say people buy apple stock because they have a emotional attachment to the company. i would expect apple's stock to rise 50 cents this year, and that would be the best case scenario in my opinion. and that is being optimistic. by all means go buy some stock, the stock market is tricky and cant be predicted, but we can look at the past and get an idea of the future. all i am saying maybe you should contact a broker or do some research yourself before investing, unless you have some spare change and you want to dedicate it to apple stock. do we have any stock brokers on the sites who wish to speak their educated opinion on this matter?

iJon