Where to buy Booq Vyper in UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chimera, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Chimera macrumors 6502

I want to buy a booq vyper for my soon to arrive MBP but when buying from their online store and adding shipping to UK it costs $95. Is there anywhere in the UK, online or in store, that may sell it cheaper?

Thanks in advance

2. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

If its the same size has the PowerBook then i can sell yoy mine. Let me know. Shipping to the UK is about $10 to $15 from the US.

3. mickmcq macrumors newbie

I would never buy from Booq again

I realize this isn't what you're asking, but I would like to recommend against the Booq Vyper. I previously had one for a 17" Powerbook and tried to buy one for my 15"MBP. It was apparently lost in shipping and Booq was very uncooperative about shipping another before they had some kind of documentation from Fedex. I could see online that Fedex had lost it over a thousand miles away. Then they wanted me to pay shipping again to get another one. I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to work with them to no avail. They wouldn't even eat expedited shipping to make it in time for my first trip with the new MBP. I eventually bought a Timbuk2 case and wouldn't do business with Booq again. Oddly, when I complained about them on another forum, they replied to my post within a matter of hours, saying that they were willing to work with me to resolve the situation. If you do deal with them and have problems, maybe publicly flaming them is the only way to get results. Sad.

Since then, my 17" Powerbook was damaged when dropped in the Booq case, so I feel better about the extra padding the Timbuk2 case provides my MBP. Also, it is easier to get the Timbuk2 case closed with one hand since it's a velcro flap, so it's turned out to be better protection in that I'm less likely to leave it partway open than the Booq case.

4. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

i too am looking for a new case for my awaiting 17"mbp.

to booq owners,whats the chance of the zip scratching the laptop? its kind of scary that it could happen. :eek:

5. Chimera thread starter macrumors 6502

6. tronny macrumors newbie

Hi there, FYI I stock most of the Booq range within the UK I have an ebay store (groove_train_charmz) - and yeah, lame name but not entirely my fault lol - if the booq youre looking for is not in my current stock list drop me a line, my supplier is the UK Booq distributor and usually has them all in stock. Alternatively drop me a line and I will be happy to quote for direct supply. Adrian