where to buy imac g4 lamp?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by taylorwilsdon, Feb 18, 2007.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I just love the look of the g4 iMac "lamp" models. Is there anywhere that people still have these suckers other then craigslist?

I usually see them around $300. I'm only buying it for looks, but it has to work and look mint. I'll just run iTunes or something on it.

2. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I'm really not a big fan of eBay as a buyer these days, because it seems like I'm getting screwed constantly.

Still, there are some that have the right price, so I'll check out the sellers.

3. USMaC macrumors member

USMaC

I don't know what specs/price you're looking for, but here is one option I came across today. link

4. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Well, unless you want to pay ridiculous money to online retailers who want $500 for an 800MHz G4...

5. macjay macrumors 6502

I recommend buying one locally. If it is to be shipped make sure it's in the original box + packaging.

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i would be weary of that one... it isn't too fast, only 15" display, and it doesn't come with system disks.

Look for something 1GHz or greater, and try to get something with a 17" display. I've heard the 20"ers are a bit stiff, but my 17" was very smooth.