Where to buy iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjs08, Dec 10, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Hi, Want to upgrade from my iPhone 3 I think it is (it's OLD) to an iPhone 5. I have ATT because at the time it was the only carrier that I could get an iPhone on... that's how old it is. My ATT subscription is way over. Anyway, Wife is on Verizon and I like Verizon. So I am going to get an iPhone 5 and switch to Verizon. In the past, when I bought an iPhone or a Mac, etc, I always went to the Apple store. They ported EVERYTHING from one unit to the new unit. Not sure that is true anymore. Soooo question is does it make a difference whether I get my iPhone 5 from Apple, Verizon, Best Buy, etc.
    Thoughts???
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. macrumors 6502

Best buy. You get 50 bucks off the iphone 5 and a 25 dollar gift card. No deal gets better than that 8)

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

And BB can hook me up with Verizon, or do I need to make that call... Wife again is on Verizon, and I guess we'd have to get their new-ish "Family Plan." I have our use Hx printed out so I can judge objectively which plan to get.
    Frank

4. macrumors 6502a

BB can sell iPhones with any of the carriers. My BB purchase was simple and easy. The new deal with $50 off and the $25 gift card is the best deal around.

5. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yup best buy is best place to go right now and they can port you to Verizon.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

Does BB do a discount with the MacBook Air too?
    Thx.
    Frank

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Do I need any card or special code to get the iPhone discount, or is it just something BB has on now??
    Thx.
    Frank

----------

Actually just went to BB site. Got it... On Sale until 5 Jan 13. Thx.
    Frank

8. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Yeah they figure christmas sales will get people in there. Who can resist $50 off the latest iPhone AND a $25 gift card? The catch is they try to push cases and screen protectors and more accessories on you "oh if you dropped your iPhone you would be glad you had a case" or "the screen will get dirty without a screen protector" (not really true, my screen looks better without one) or "you should get another cable so you won't have to carry the same one around"