where to buy MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jammac, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jammac macrumors newbie

I am new to Mac and this will be my first purchase. i want to purchase a MBP 17" with a few upgrades and options and i would like to know if it is better to buy online, by phone or a local Apple store. the closest store is 2 hours away. Will there be a chance of any discounts or savings in the next 30 days on a MBP 17" ?

2. reflex macrumors 6502a

If I were to buy a stock configuration - which is likely the case with a MBP 17" - I'd go to a store. If they have it in stock, you'll have your laptop a lot faster. And no need to worry about UPS delivery, for example.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

your only chance of getting a discount is if you buy a refurbished machine. but then you'll have to do all the upgrades yourself. i think it's best if you just order online and let Apple customize everything you want.

4. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

I second pianoman.

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

About the only upgrade that I'd pay Apple to do on a new machine would be a hard drive. Otherwise, the rest, especially on the almost-loaded 17", is very user friendly and you could consider a refurb too! Of course, the Core 2's are not quite yet on the refurb list, but I'm sure that is only a matter of a couple of weeks now...

Just my $.02. :)

6. Yoda47 macrumors newbie

I got my MPB 15" at macconnection.com They have a $150 rebate on the computer, and have various special accessories for free (after rebate) with purchase.

7. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

where are you located in the country? If you're within driving distance to Delaware, you should buy it at the Christiana Mall Apple Store, tax free =)