where to buy MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jammac, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jammac macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2006
    I am new to Mac and this will be my first purchase. i want to purchase a MBP 17" with a few upgrades and options and i would like to know if it is better to buy online, by phone or a local Apple store. the closest store is 2 hours away. Will there be a chance of any discounts or savings in the next 30 days on a MBP 17" ?
  2. reflex macrumors 6502a

May 19, 2002
    If I were to buy a stock configuration - which is likely the case with a MBP 17" - I'd go to a store. If they have it in stock, you'll have your laptop a lot faster. And no need to worry about UPS delivery, for example.
  3. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    your only chance of getting a discount is if you buy a refurbished machine. but then you'll have to do all the upgrades yourself. i think it's best if you just order online and let Apple customize everything you want.
  4. crees! macrumors 68000

Jun 14, 2003
    I second pianoman.
  5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Mar 15, 2005
    About the only upgrade that I'd pay Apple to do on a new machine would be a hard drive. Otherwise, the rest, especially on the almost-loaded 17", is very user friendly and you could consider a refurb too! Of course, the Core 2's are not quite yet on the refurb list, but I'm sure that is only a matter of a couple of weeks now...

Just my $.02. :)
  6. Yoda47 macrumors newbie

Dec 4, 2006
    MI, USA
    I got my MPB 15" at macconnection.com They have a $150 rebate on the computer, and have various special accessories for free (after rebate) with purchase.
  7. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Oct 28, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    where are you located in the country? If you're within driving distance to Delaware, you should buy it at the Christiana Mall Apple Store, tax free =)