Where to buy my 12" PB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Jan 6, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

Should I buy it from an Apple Retail Store or buy it online from Apple?

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Online allows you to customize, but at the store lets you have it right there and then. So it depends what you want.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yep, all depends on how close the retail store is, if you must have it now ;) , and if you want to BTO anything.

4. zip macrumors member

If you order online BTO, and get a wobbly computer or one with a haywire track pad, are you basically out of luck because it was built for you and is not the usual configuration?

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

You still get a warranty silly. But you CANNOT return a BTO.

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Everything with an online order is the same, except you cannot return it if you dont like it. If it malfunctions in anyway, you can most certainly get it serviced just like any other Mac. Heck, if you want to, you can even take it into the Apple retail store and get it serviced under the warranty- for free.

7. rodaddy macrumors newbie

Get a fiend at compusa

Got my 12" PB fully loaded with superdrive and a 512 chip to boot. all for $1300 with a free apple care. Happy happy me.

8. TheBat macrumors newbie

$1300?!?!?!?!
    Damn that's cheap. Is that just through your friend's employee discount or something?

9. lofatmo macrumors newbie

Free apple care?!

How'd you get free apple care? That's the killer right there!

10. joker2 macrumors 6502a

joker2

only logical way I can see that happening is if he got the 867 floor model... occasionally they'll cut a deal for their floor models that will include applecare... though I think this one probably had the employee discount on as well?

11. rodaddy macrumors newbie

no demo model. I used to work there and the GM owed me big. So I milked him for all it was worth.

12. TheBat macrumors newbie

Nice work.
    I just called to see if they could make me the same deal. (Hey, ya can't blame a guy for tryin'). I think you all can guess the amount of silence that was coming from the CompUSA end of the phone line.

13. zip macrumors member

Yes, yes, if something is obviously wrong, such as a bad board, it will be covered, but what about the stuff that Apple doesn't seem to recognize (bad track pads, wobbly computers) and people have to argue with them. Is it easier to get it fixed/replaced with a computer that wasn't built to order?

If you do have, oh say a bad trackpad, and Apple won't fix it on your BTO, you are out of luck, aren't you?