Where To Buy New 12" ibook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Patrick Bateman, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Patrick Bateman macrumors member

Sep 10, 2003
    Where can I get the best deals for a 12" ibook? Any suggestions?
  2. revenuee macrumors 68020

Sep 13, 2003
    A place where i am supreme emporer
    Re: Where To Buy New 12" ibook

If your in college

apple website under edu discount, or you school bookstore which will automatically do a discount

i've been finding that the apple website is always the cheapest
  3. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
    Re: Where To Buy New 12" ibook

Well since Apple standardizes and locks their price in to whatever they want, the best deal will really only be a few dollars off the main price (994 at macmall vs. 999 at apple.com)

Having said that however, many other apple resellers like Macmall.com and ClubMac.com throw in 'extras' when ya buy a mac for a nominal fee. Like 256 of extra ram for a 40 dollar installation charge. Usually you will get a scanner or printer with these deals too :) But they of course of questional quality ;)
  4. Fahd macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2003
    If you are eligible for the educational discount then via the apple online educational store. Otherwise at any place like macmall, clubmac, macconnection, etc that will not charge tax for your state.
  5. Patrick Bateman thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2003
    I ordered from Apple because I wanted the built in bluetooth but why the hell does Apple charge tax? If I knew that (didn't till I got order finalized) I probably would have ordered elsewhere. $83 of tax!
  6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    I had $60 something in tax but I had an EDU discount so... I save about $150... should be shipping tomorrow at latest! Yay!
  7. dieselg4 macrumors regular

Oct 20, 2003
    Rockin' Pittsburgh!
    Clubmac has it for 1094. They'll also max out the ram, throw in an epson c84 printer, and a carryingcae, all with mail in rebates which make them free. No sales tax (i think) and the shipping has a rebate form as well.
    Of course, they won't do a build-to-order unit, so if you want a bigger HD or built-in BT, you'd be outta luck.