Where To Buy Original Airport Card, Online??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by starcrossed, Jul 26, 2004.

1. starcrossed macrumors regular

I just got an Airport Express and my new Powerbook obviously has an Airport Extreme card already in it, but my Rev.A iMac G4 now needs one to complete my network. Unfortunatly that iMac model uses the original Airport Card, not the Airport Express card. The Apple Online Store has discontinued the card as well as local retailers. I was wondering if anyone knew anyone online that sold new Apple 802.11b cards for a good price. I saw some on eBay, but the price their going for I might as well buy a brand new one. So any directions I get pointed to would be greatly appreciated it, or even if anyone has one to sell me for a good price.

2. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

http://www.welovemacs.com/

check around there. I know they have them for notebooks. I'll keep searching as I know I have a store in my bookmarks with iMac stuff in it.

Mike

3. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Both the Apple Store and Fry's in Dallas still had some this past weekend. If you're in San Antonio and can make it up to Austin, you might call and see if the Barton Creek Apple Store still has any or maybe the Fry's Electronics in Austin might as well. Comp USA is another place to check.