Where to buy OS X 10.4 (Tiger)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by soloracer, Feb 21, 2008.

1. soloracer macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2008
    Hello everyone! First post....I'm getting a good deal on a used 12" G4 PB and I want to upgrade it to Tiger (please don't tell me to run Leopard, I don't want to). I seem to be having trouble finding a copy of this OS either new or used anywhere. Any suggestions?
  2. eisnach41 macrumors newbie

Nov 9, 2007
  3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    eBay or maybe the marketplace here. It's very difficult to find Tiger anymore :(
  4. pezza macrumors member

Sep 20, 2007
    Tiger has been EOL'd by Apple, so the only place will be used or old stock currently held by the resellers.
  5. takeabyteoutta macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2008
    you can order 10.4 from apple over the phone.
  6. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    FYI - No member <-> member sales outside of the Marketplace.
  7. soloracer thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2008
    Understood, just looking for a lead...I checked Marketplace first but since I'm new I couldn't post a WTB or anything like that.
  8. deniser macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2007
    Cornwall, England
    I know this is not really any help. I received my refurb MBP yesterday. It has Leopard on it, but the restore/install disks are tiger :eek:
  9. tuxtpenguin macrumors regular

May 19, 2007
    I actually found Tiger for sale at CompUSA which is going out of business.
  10. ripekg macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2009
    TIGER OSX software

Actually, for the software ... you can just call 800-myapple and give them your serial number through technical support and they will send another replacement for that machine for $17! I just did that for two G5's.

That's the very cheapest and it restores your ORIGINAL SYSTEM if that's what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps.

11. brek7685 macrumors newbie

May 1, 2010
    Call Apple Support

Yes, Apple support will sell you the OS Tiger disk per the previous poster's comments. I called them, gave them my G4 Mac Mini s/n, CC#, address and done!
  12. Dandoom macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2010
    I have a powerbook G4 titanium, running 10.3.9 Can i upgrade to 10.4 without spending a whole bunch of money?