where to buy pb12 rubber feet?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Low, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Low macrumors member

Nov 1, 2003
    one of the rubber feet things popped out underneath..just wondering where i could and if possible could buy these things..it annoying having a lopsided powerbook :mad:
  2. applefan macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2003
    No. Cal.
    If your PB12 is less than a year old, and it probably is, and you live near an Apple store, bring it in and they'll replace it/them for free. they did for me.
  3. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2003
    same here. If you don't have a local apple store, just pretend you have a more serious problem with your comp. and apple will pay to have you ship it in. Once they get it they'll fix the little rubber thingies free of charge. I know, I know... we all don't want to waste apple's money, but we also don't want to damage our rubber thingiless powerbook now do we?
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    How do so many people lose the rubber feet? I know I'll probably lose one tomorrow now, but as long as you're not sliding your PB across tables, and place them down without sliding it, I don't see the problem.

Anyway, it may be better to use an alternative in order to give yourself a bit more space underneath the PB for it to vent better.
  5. Low thread starter macrumors member

Nov 1, 2003

um, its portable ;) i take my pb all over the place..in and out of bags, etc.. more prone to wearing those little things off
  6. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    wow... $5 for 1 little rubber foot. Maybe we aughta check our local hardware stores. My guess is that we can find something very similar, for a buck a dozen. Of course it would'nt be original Apple rubber feet anymore :)
  7. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    True, $5 is not a cool price. My local Mac shop wants $20 to fix 1 foot, so I guess $5 isn't too bad by comparison.
  8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003

I take my PB everywhere too. Have yet to lose any rubber feet. Guess I am just lucky.
  9. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I called Applecare and put up a fuss. They were reluctant but eventually sold me a package of 5 or 6 for maybe $5 or so.
  10. Low thread starter macrumors member

Nov 1, 2003
  11. r6girl Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Sep 6, 2003
    look on ebay

there's a seller on ebay named "x". he sells 5 replacement feet for $3.95 (buy it now price). should i lose the feet on my powerbook, i'd probably buy some of his.

good luck!

edit: i edited my post to remove the reference/recommendation to this ebay seller. i purchased these feet and was very unsatisfied with them and the shipping charges. i'd be happy to elaborate via pm (versus posting here) if anyone wants details.
  12. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    the glue used to hold those rubber feet do degrade over time. mine came off or was very loose in about half a year. it doesn't have to be "stressed" for the glue to lose strength, it seems, because i hardly moved mine around on a flat surface...

i just took them off and super glued them back - rock solid since then.
  13. altair macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    My Pb was older than a year and I went to the Apple store and asked the genius and he gave me one for free. So go try that first

14. upperblue79 macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2004
    Little Rock, AR
    My 12" pb is under warrenty and I went to my local compusa and their tech shop got me a bag with 8, 2 for the battery cause it has a different foot and 6 of the standard feet and the glue and I didn't pay a penny other than the gas to get there.