Where to buy replacement screen?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xr280xr, Jan 17, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2013
    I dropped my phone a whopping 2 ft and the screen no longer works. Apple told me its junk so I figure since I'm not going to spend 200 to replace it, I may as well try to fix it myself for around half that since people around town want the same amount for parts + labor. Which I take to me the part proably costs them around half of the price they're charging. I've looked into what the repair involves. My question is where can I get quality parts? I've read good things about iFixit: http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-4S-Display-Assembly/IF115-000 . Does anyone with some experience have any recommendations? The screen was pretty much the most important feature of this phone to me.
  2. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
    ifixit is expensive - but its legit parts. Maybe some other people have experience from other 3rd party sellers.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2013
    Thanks! I was also looking at applepartsstore.com which is a lot cheaper and claims the parts are OEM.
  4. macrumors 604

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    There website gives no info about company location, phone numbers, etc. I wouldn't deal with them.