where to buy

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by I'mAMac, Aug 29, 2006.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Would it be better to buy the mac pro from macmall or the apple store?

2. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

If you're going stock with no BTO options, I'd say MacMall or Apple Store, either would be good. All of the online places seem to have the MacPro in stock now. If you're going to customize though, go with the Apple Store.

3. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I would say MacMall. They're offering mail-in rebates on the new Mac Pros. Also, I think they're offering a free printer with purchase of a Mac Pro, though the printer is only free after you mail in a separate rebate.

anyway, save a little money on the Mac, and then sell the printer on eBay...not a bad score, eh?

4. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I think Apple's doing the free printer thing as well....:confused:

EDIT: Yup, http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...g3vvYzaq1T3OFXpM/3.0.0.19.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.3.1.3

5. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Yeah but i also heard that the memory on the apple store is better for the mac pro than macmall's Axiom memory. Idk maybe smaller heatsinks on Axiom?

6. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

ah ok...then I guess all MacMall has to offer is a mail-in rebate. I think it's like $100 for the low-end Mac Pro, and it goes up to $250 for the high-end stuff. 'Course, I didn't look at the Apple Store, since I just figured it would be more expensive. I mean, it is Apple :rolleyes:
    so probably when you add it all up its about the same...oh well