Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
If you're going stock with no BTO options, I'd say MacMall or Apple Store, either would be good. All of the online places seem to have the MacPro in stock now. If you're going to customize though, go with the Apple Store.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
I'mAMac said:
Would it be better to buy the Mac Pro from macmall or the apple store?

I would say MacMall. They're offering mail-in rebates on the new Mac Pros. Also, I think they're offering a free printer with purchase of a Mac Pro, though the printer is only free after you mail in a separate rebate.

anyway, save a little money on the Mac, and then sell the printer on eBay...not a bad score, eh?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
beatsme said:
I would say MacMall. They're offering mail-in rebates on the new Mac Pros. Also, I think they're offering a free printer with purchase of a Mac Pro, though the printer is only free after you mail in a separate rebate.

anyway, save a little money on the Mac, and then sell the printer on eBay...not a bad score, eh?

I think Apple's doing the free printer thing as well....:confused:

EDIT: Yup, http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...g3vvYzaq1T3OFXpM/3.0.0.19.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.3.1.3

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Yeah but i also heard that the memory on the apple store is better for the mac pro than macmall's Axiom memory. Idk maybe smaller heatsinks on Axiom?

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
I think Apple's doing the free printer thing as well....:confused:

EDIT: Yup, http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...g3vvYzaq1T3OFXpM/3.0.0.19.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.3.1.3

ah ok...then I guess all MacMall has to offer is a mail-in rebate. I think it's like $100 for the low-end Mac Pro, and it goes up to $250 for the high-end stuff. 'Course, I didn't look at the Apple Store, since I just figured it would be more expensive. I mean, it is Apple :rolleyes:
so probably when you add it all up its about the same...oh well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.