Where to buy??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NiteGeek, Nov 29, 2006.

1. NiteGeek macrumors newbie

I live in Nashville, Tn. Comp USA sells Mac's but I would have to pay sales tax. Buying direct from Apple charges tax, some of the on line dealers don't charge tax. Our sales tax is 9.25%. Also after reading some post where would I have the best chance of getting current production? I have read on this forum of people getting older production models from Apple direct. Any advice would be a great help. I will be getting a mac pro. Would I notice a difference between 2.66 and 3.0 on the processor? Should I buy the extended warranty from Apple?

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I only heard of one example recently where somebody got the wrong machine - but they bought it at a physical Apple store.

3. NiteGeek thread starter macrumors newbie

Older production

The post I read said they had ordered this month and got June built machines.

4. volntitan macrumors 6502

I live in nashville also and will be getting a macbook pro. The sales tax is killer! I haven't checked with Mac Authority to see if they have any specials.

How do you know what "production" you are getting? And is it important?

5. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

I think some 3rd party vendors offer it tax-free (and free shipping). You just need to dig pretty deep sometimes...:rolleyes:

6. volntitan macrumors 6502

Amazon.com has them about $100 less than the Apple Stores and they have no tax and free shipping. Rebates also, but on older models I believe.