where to find a solid g4 tower?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by clubmedia, May 18, 2004.

1. clubmedia macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2002
    been looking for a nice g4 tower that i can upgrade.

trying to find it cheap of course and ebay isn't helping me out right now.

please help me find a tower! :confused:
  2. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

Feb 4, 2004
    West Valley City, Utah
    Apple is selling new single and duel 1.25 G4s on their site. Edu discount price is 1199.00 for the single. I am unsure of the regular price but I am sure that it is competative with what you can find on eBay and you get a warranty and all the programs to boot. And I am sure that after you buy a comp on eBay (or elsewhere) and upgrade it, you will be sitting at about what you can get one of these new ones for.
  3. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2002
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Be very careful of craigslist. They do have deals but almost everything there is way overpriced. Do your research first. Check what models are going for what price on ebay (ebay is a good reference on what price people are buying it at) and also check everymac.com.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend for the older tower plus upgrades versus buying a nice refurb from apple.com.
  4. vwguy macrumors member

Apr 6, 2004
    Silicon Valley
    Thats true... a lot of stuff are overpriced at Craigslist. But deals do exist there and you have to check it very often coz people will snap it up once they see a deal. However, one of the good advantage of craigslist is that you can check out the stuff first and negotiate/bargain the price later.

eBay is a good indicator of the current market price but they can fluctuate faster than my blood pressure when I'm stuck on a traffic jam!