where to find Airport Express Configuration file?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by swindmill, Aug 20, 2005.

1. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I would like to delete my Airport Express configuration because it has not been working properly. I'm hoping deleting it and setting it up again will help.

Where can I find the file I need to delete?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

The AirPort settings are saved on the AirPort Express. You change the settings with AirPort Admin Utility. I think you can "reset" the AirPort Express by uploading "Default Software" from the Admin tool, but I don't know if that will wipe all settings clean...

3. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I just tried downloading the original software andd firmware to my Airport Express. Everything still seems to be the same. Setup Assistant will only recognize it if I choose 'change and existing . . . ' and if I try and update it from there, my wireless signal disappears (which is broadcast from a separate router??). I've about had it with the Airport Express thing. Is there a chance that it's just bad and nothing will fix it?

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Don't use the AirPort Setup Assistant. Use the AirPort Admin Tool (should be in /Applications/Utilities along with the Setup Assistant). That gives you more options and bigger control and is just as easy as the wizard... :)

5. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I've tried using both. I installed, or tried to install, the original software from within the Admin tool. Nothing I do is making the Airport Express work correctly. If at all possible, I'd like to wipe the Express completely clean as if new, because nothing is working properly and I'm at a loss of what else to do.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

From Resetting AirPort Express:

Now, that should take care of it... ;)

7. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill