Where to find the "Myriad" font?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ollywilson2003, Dec 14, 2003.

1. ollywilson2003 macrumors member

Ive been looking for the font that Apple uses in most of their products including Mac OS X nowdays , I know its called Myriad and I think it looks really nice but I havent been able to find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to download this font?

P.S Im using Panther

Thanks in advance,

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

drop me a line I can help.

There are several different versions of Myriad. The older Type 1 Postscript fonts are called Myriad and MyriadMM (the MM standing for Multiple Master) and which has several different "weights" to the individual font face. There is also an obscure one I have called Myriad Tilt. The one Blackheart refers to is the new Opentype technology and the single file format of these new fonts are cross compatible from PC to Mac, without having to convert anything.
    At the $29.95 or higher price you pay for a small font family, I would keep my eye open for "Package deals" where you can get maybe 5 or more font families for a reduced "Bundled" price.
    If you really want to get into fonts and get blown away by prices, check out http://www.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catFontFolio
    or do a simple "Font" search in Google and spend a lot of time shoping.