Where To Get Dashboard SDK

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by andrewkendall, Apr 30, 2005.

1. andrewkendall macrumors member

Apr 30, 2005
    So now that Tiger is out does anyone know if the Dashboard SDK is included on the DVD?

If not does anyone have a download link or documentation on how to bundle the widgets once they are written.
  2. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'm not, I can check the DEV tools when i get home, but the SDK was originally only for paying ADC members.

However, there IS a plugin for DEV tools on www.macupdate.com that I hear is very useful to create Widgets. Practically an SDK of its own right, and very detailed too.
  3. andrewkendall thread starter macrumors member

Apr 30, 2005
    Do you mean http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17783?

If so that's what I've been looking at, really I just need to know how to bundle up the widget, can anyone shed any light on the process?
  4. whiteangel macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2004
    have you tried putting all your stuff in a folder and adding '.wdgt' at the end of the name?

Actually i just tried it. It works
  5. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    use spotlight and look for widgets. xcode comes with a tutorial that is the same on that the link above points too.
  6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    "And, there's a Dashboard SDK that helps you get up to speed as quickly as possible. ADC Members can find the Dashboard SDK in the "Downloads: Developer Tools" section of the ADC Member Site."

From the link you posted. ;)

Although as it explains, you don't really need it.