Where to get film developed in the UK?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jive, Jan 24, 2007.

1. jive macrumors 6502a

Just your average run of the mill 35mm film. Where's good? And more importantly, cheap?

I'd prefer to be able to do it by post (we used to do it but the company shut down) if possible.

I don't really have any knowledge in the area and don't really want ripped off for some shots that were just taken for fun.

Cheers!

2. jive thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hopefully I'm going blind, I signed up to truprint and now can't find where to order envelopes or anything related to film developing.

Any help?

3. bgd macrumors regular

4. poolish macrumors regular

nice, cheers, I've just emailed them, wonder if they still develop film....

5. Troglodyte macrumors member

If you want proper B&W developing then Ilford have a well-regarded service.

6. NightGeometry macrumors regular

If you have a local Jessops or Boots they'll probably do it (not mail order though, I think).

Where in the UK are you? Down in Brighton we have a couple of good labs, other cities probably have similar (thought again, not mail order, mostly).

7. kreuzberg macrumors member

Tesco will develop and scan for £1.98 or dev+print for £2.98

8. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Haven't shot film for a few years, but Tesco quality wasn't good. I used to use Prontaprint. Their prices were good and the quality was remarkable for the price.

Just for comparison, for special rolls I used Colab who, I believe, are now One Vision. Whether they are still as professional I don't know, you'd have to ask around.

9. sonor macrumors 6502

I used to use Colab in my film days and now I often use One Vision for digital prints - the quality and service is very good.

10. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Thanks, that's worth knowing.

11. xoxooox macrumors newbie

I can't find the product on Prontaprint's website? Can you tell me how mush is it? thanks.

12. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

When I occasionally get round to shooting film I tend to send them off to Peak-Imaging. Not the cheapest, but I've always been happy with the results.

13. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Hmm . . . I posted that link but didn't notice the lack of photo info. I did say I used to use them but haven't shot film for some time. It looks as though they've moved out of that field.

In that case, if you want somewhere good and cheap I'll second Swiftaw's suggestion of Truprint. ^ ^

14. Sophie1234 macrumors newbie

I would recommend www.PhotoFilmProcessing.co.uk they're fantastic at developing not only 35mm film, but also 120mm film. They develop black and white, colour and lomography! You just send your films in the post to them and you usually get them back within the same week depending on the stamps you sent the films off with! They send the prints back to you free of charge and with a CD containing digital copies of your pictures, which saves scanning time! Give them a go!

15. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I’m going to take a different stance here and recommend that your develop the photos yourself.

The set up costs are relatively cheap and although the process takes longer for you, you will have more control over the images!

I develop both colour and B&W photos myself and I have been very happy with the results!

EDIT: Just realised that this thread was started yonks ago... But at least it’s here for reference now!