Where to get mac games and why are they so expensive...?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Matt01792, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Matt01792 macrumors member

Aug 20, 2003
    United Kingdom

I just wanted to have a quick rant and a question...

The question is, do you know of an online store that delivers internationally?

The reason I'm asking is that I wanted to buy a compilation pack of games (made by Aspyr) but everywhere that sells it in the UK (which is where I am) sells it at £30 (which is over $55) even though there are loads of websites that sell the game for $20! (including Amazon, which for some reason won't ship it out of the U.S.). And to be honest I really can't see why I should pay $35 for the same game! I know I'll have shipping on top of that, but that won't be much anyway. The few online stores I did find that shipped internationally required you to phone them up! The amount it'd cost to phone them up from here would be more than the game itself!
    (rant over)

Many thanks for any help you can give anyway,
  2. dsharits macrumors 68000

Jun 19, 2004
    The People's Republic of America
    Well, you could have someone in the US order it and ship it to you, or even simpler, have someone make the phone call for you. Just a suggestion. Hope this helps!

3. svejar macrumors member

Jan 18, 2004
  4. Matt01792 thread starter macrumors member

Aug 20, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, but...

Thanks but I already checked them out - they don't have it!

I was looking for Leave The Lights On Compilation (Alice, Undying and Blood Rayne), but insidemacgames.com don't sell it.

Thanks anyway.
  5. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    high cost

since macs comprise of just a few percent of the market, sales for mac games cannot even approach that of pc games

so due to supply and demand, each individual mac game has to sell for more than its pc counterpart...the mac games require extra development and the game companies have to make some profit

it's sad to see how many more titles there are for the pc side and all the great sales stores have on pc games (only) to make way for the latest game of the month, or week coming out

at least mac users have more game choices, and decent video cards, than just a few years ago but never expect us mac users to have the same choice as the pc crowd
  6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    You could give ebay.co.uk a shot... someone may have tired of a game you want.

Or wait till the Apple Stores open in London or Birmingham... or was it Leeds or Liverpool?
  7. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
  8. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Sorry, its been a long weekend... you think I would know after having been to Europe 6 times :confused:
  9. Matt01792 thread starter macrumors member

Aug 20, 2003
    United Kingdom

Yeah, I missed that... I'm a little reserved about buying of Amazon merchants though.

Oh, and jefhatfield (I don't know your real name sorry), I meant the price difference between mac games in America and mac game in Britain, not mac and PC games.
  10. wowser macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    Inglaterra, Europa
    ebay.co.uk have very few mac games, but the ones they do haveare really cheap (under a fiver) as nobody seems to bid on them. i'm looking to pick up a cheap copy of Giants