Where to go for Maya

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by indigoflowAS, Jun 16, 2006.

1. indigoflowAS
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

If any of ya'll could run off any resources/tools that have been particularly beneficial to your Maya advancement and learning...that would be super. Any books or online resources, free or for a nominal fee. I'll look through all suggestions so, lay them on me :)

Thanks in advance

2. zim
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

zim

Alias has a great set of learning DVDs: http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/learningtools/learning_tools.jsp

The one that I got, Maya 6 Beginner Guide, was very well done and had me up and running in no time.. I felt like I was taking a class because I could work at the same time as the lessons. The DVDs aren't priced too bad either. Books are great but I would highly recommend the DVDs.

3. freeny
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

freeny

Attached Files:

4. ATD
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

5. indigoflowAS
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

Great thanks.

I took a class like a year ago and I'm just really rusty and I need some mad refreshers...along with some of the techniques that we never got around to...the important stuff.

anything else will be greatly appreciated. take care.

6. freeny
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

freeny

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1598630660/104-8583492-2567141?v=glance&n=283155

This is my personal favorite Maya book.

It shows you how to properly use just about every tool/function in easy step by step tutorials. If I ever forget how to use a tool or where to find a tool I just pull out this book and Im up and running in minutes. Occasionally Ill skim through it and find tools I didnt even know about or remember existed.