Where to go for Maya

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by indigoflowAS, Jun 16, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

If any of ya'll could run off any resources/tools that have been particularly beneficial to your Maya advancement and learning...that would be super. Any books or online resources, free or for a nominal fee. I'll look through all suggestions so, lay them on me :)

Thanks in advance

2. zim
    macrumors 65816

zim

Alias has a great set of learning DVDs: http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/learningtools/learning_tools.jsp

The one that I got, Maya 6 Beginner Guide, was very well done and had me up and running in no time.. I felt like I was taking a class because I could work at the same time as the lessons. The DVDs aren't priced too bad either. Books are great but I would highly recommend the DVDs.

3. macrumors 68020

freeny

Attached Files:

4. ATD
    macrumors 6502a

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

Great thanks.

I took a class like a year ago and I'm just really rusty and I need some mad refreshers...along with some of the techniques that we never got around to...the important stuff.

anything else will be greatly appreciated. take care.

6. macrumors 68020

freeny

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1598630660/104-8583492-2567141?v=glance&n=283155

This is my personal favorite Maya book.

It shows you how to properly use just about every tool/function in easy step by step tutorials. If I ever forget how to use a tool or where to find a tool I just pull out this book and Im up and running in minutes. Occasionally Ill skim through it and find tools I didnt even know about or remember existed.