Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Me and screen protectors don't mix. I had very hard time installing it on my previous iphone so I don't want to waste screen protectors and money trying to get them installed.

I'm looking to get either Power Support or SGP screen protector and want to find if there is a place in NYC that can do it for me

Thanks

Alex

kalex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Not yet. Do they apply any screen protectors or only zagg?

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
Not yet. Do they apply any screen protectors or only zagg?

only the screen protectors they sell. And ive only see them sell the zagg and speck.

Edit:
Have you tried wet install screen protectors like wrapsol. Theyre much easier to install.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I tried wet install before and it didn't go too well :)

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
How wet did you spray the shield and ipad? I prefer to use alot of solution, that way, I can line it up perfectly and squeegee out the air bubbles. Takes less than 5 minutes and I've only installed 2 in my life.

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
Best Buy installs them.. I bought the invisashield and they installed it. charged but they did. Apple store put the one on my iPhone free :)

kalex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
So I bought a $4 screen protector on ebay and decided to give this one more try. read up instructions, watched some videos and have to say my install was sucessful.

Basically I did it in my bathroom with hot showering running for about 10 minutes before installation. Here is what really helped - latex powder free gloves and little bit of scotch tape. My install came out excellent except for the fact that screen protector that i got was damaged during shipping. It was shipped in plain envelope and had a small crease next to home button. That caused a bubble to appear which I was unable to remove. Other than that install was perfect and took about 10 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.