Where to purchase Tucano sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jph99, Jul 28, 2004.

1. jph99 macrumors newbie

May 11, 2004
    I just ordered my first Mac. I got a 15" PB, and i am looking to order a good sleeve for it. I like the Tucano because of its durability, but i am not sure where to order from? Can someone please let me know where they have ordered theirs from, and if there are any other good brands. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2004

I bought mine off the Amazon UK marketplace website. The UK Apple site also has them.

They're pretty amazing, love my sleeve :)

3. SkudShark macrumors member

Mar 19, 2004
    Got mine from my campus for $15, love it to death, throw it in my backpack. AMazon has them and in general wherver you can get you'r hands on one, but I wouldn't pay more than $20, as thats most expensive I seen them for here locally.
  4. ozone macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Have you considered a School Hymn? www.crumplerusa.com. Search for a good review thread on this forum - I think started by Ryan1524.
  5. SolidGun macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2004
    Twin Cities
    I have considered tucano second skin and after careful comparison, I went with the ZeroShock from Shinza.com. It offers extra protection for about $10, and I figured another $10 is worth the investment. You should go check it out before Tucano second skin purchase. There isn't much description on the second skin, but the Zeroshock shows comparison with other sleeves.
  6. JRam macrumors member

Jun 25, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    I was able to find the tucano sleeve at Fry's Electronics, if your in california and there happens to be one near ya. Best of luck with whichever one you settle on!

7. mcs37 macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I ended up going with the Tucano (black) for my new 12" PB. I got it at https://www.d-compute.com/ for $18.31 including shipping because as a new user I got a few dollars off my purchase.

I decided on Tucano against ZeroShock because I have heard a lot about the Tucano and very little about ZeroShock. I'll let everyone know how it is.
  8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Yeah, their prices are pretty good. Did you use a code or something to get the new customer deal, or is it automatic if you create an account?
  9. vgoklani macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2004
    SF bags sleeve

I would recommend the sleeve by sfbags.com. They are neoprene on the inside, and ballastic nylon on the outside - it's really nice!! You can also ask them to put D rings on (~$5) and use it as a shoulder bag.
  10. furrina macrumors regular

Mar 31, 2004
    In tha 212
    I got mine from http://outpost.com which is the online store for Fry's. They have a bunch of different kinds so I had to try to figure out which was the one to get. The black 15" laptop sleeve was it (NOT the "powerbook sleeve" which doesn't come in black). It arrived promptly and I have made great use of it ever since.