Where to put a driver

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elliot, Jan 20, 2007.

1. elliot macrumors member

Mar 13, 2004
    Ok no rude comments please. ;) I'm having probs downloading my Epson 4000 printer software on my Mini. My Photoshop keeps telling me it can't find the driver. I even downloaded from their site. I thought maybe if I just placed it into the proper folder. But where do I find the folder?
  2. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Well, if it didn't come with an installer, it probably came with a READ ME file telling you to put it in /Library/Printers/ or maybe even in /Library/Printers/EPSON/

...or didn't it...? :)
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Stylus Pro 4000? The file you downloaded should have been named either epson12001.dmg (Intel) or epson12002.dmg (PowerPC). You don't drag this file anywhere. Instead, you'll want to double-click this file, and it will open the image in the Finder. Run the program called Installer that you'll see in there, and the drivers will be put into the right place. You can then eject the disk image.
  5. elliot thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2004
    I tried that and it didn't work. Worked last time but not now. When I open up the software disk I get;

Epson OS X Installer

Mac OS X

Reference Guide

Epson OS 9 Installer

I install but Photoshop won't recognize driver.
  6. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Open up Printer Setup Utility (in the /Applications/Utilities folder). Do you see your printer in the list? If not, add it. I think you have to have it turned on to do so.

Then when you print (from any application, Photoshop doesn't do anything special) you should be able to select your printer in the Print dialogue.
  7. elliot thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2004
    Ok I got the listing and it shows up in PS! Cool. Thanks