where to put XM radio in car

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puckhead193, Jan 13, 2006.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

So yesterday i was at the Messier retirement game, and if you signed up for 6 months of service you got the receiver for free... since i wanted XM and it was the receiver i wanted i signed up...
    so tomorrow i'm bringing my car in for it to be installed but i have no clue where to put it any thoughts.....
    Thanks

PS- its the Roady XT - http://shop.xmradio.com/detail.aspx?pid=89&cat=8

Attached Files:

2. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

3. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I have a xm too, a myfi in my honda civic. Check out www.xmfan.com and xm411.com, they have forums where people post pictures of their installations and you can probably get a good idea of what you want.

I just did mine myself for now....the antenna was easy to install as far as placing it on the car and directing it to the receiver in the front of the car. My backseat folds down for trunk access, so it made it really simple.

What kindof car do you have?

allison.

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

I have an 04 Lexus ES 330 with Nav. with no cassette adapter.
    I had it installed. I had the power hard wired so i don't need the Cig. lighter..Right now i'm using the built in FM transmitter and it sucks... i can't drive 500 feet before having to re-tune it.... is their anyway to hardwire it to my car so i don't need need the transmitter....

Attached Files:

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I know Sirius units have a thing you can buy where it will cut off your car's antenna when the Sirius unit is turned on giving you better sound quality. XM might have the same thing, check with an installer and see.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you don't have an external audio jack for the radio? there might be a connection *behind* it somewhere - the difficulty is getting at it, but that might be your best bet.

Good luck,

D