Where to watch Debates?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Sep 29, 2004.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Perhaps not worth a thread, but any recommendations of where to watch the Debate tomorrow (and future). I do not watch TV or get any stations. So it will have to be on-line. I know the WashPost will have it, but it is such a small embedded window...will Cspan?

Other suggestions?

Thanks.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

or web audiocast? looking more and more like i'll be at work tomorrow night. apparently, there's no radio reception at the place i'll be.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Try the KCRW stream on iTunes (under Public). They'll probably run NPR coverage.

4. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

No love for me IJ?...that hurts my feelings...

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Sorry, that went over my head. But it is early in the day and I've got a cold.

6. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

It was merely a joke...I was hoping for a video recommendation...I will one day come to terms with my unfunniness...

sorry about your cold...

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i like to watch what the candidates say during interviews since i get a closer idea to what they believe

during debates and conventions, hyperbole sets in and the men turn into talking stiffs who will say anything to please the greatest amount of people...left wingers become moderates and right wingers become moderates...the dems become the military party and the gop becomes the party of the minorities and women's rights

one won't get any picture of how kerry or bush will run america, from a debate, when one or the other gains the white house for the next four years

debates are just clever ways for the candidates to speak in bumper sticker slogans ;) remember ross perot...he should have gone to work for a fortune cookie company

8. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

MSNBC says it's webcasting the debates. I expect you'd be forced to use WMP for that one...

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

There's still nothing like seeing it on TV.

May I suggest watching it at a friend's house?

Even better, the DNC is listing actual "debate parties" where people gather to watch the proceedings en masse.

Here's one, for example, that'll be held at a local nightclub in my town:
    Hard to make it much more attractive than that. :cool:

11. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Kerry has a track record in the Senate. Bush has a track record as guvner and prez.

So, what's to learn from the debates? Do any of you think you'll change your vote from Kerry to Bush, or verce visa? :) I dunno. Seems to me that it's a lot like picking scabs or some other outre entertainment...

Pardon my old-age cynicism, sil vous plait.

:), 'Rat

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's not for us liberals or for you age-old cynics: it's for the swinging and floating fraternity(!). Which, according to the polls, is being swayed.

13. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

Pardon my continued ignorance, but are the VP debates televised this coming Tues.?

I happened to learn (after the fact) that the Thurs. debate was shown at the neighborhood sports/college/frat bar. Now that would be a surreal experience...so I want to try it Tues, if possible.