Where Would You Like A Apple Retail Store?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by TiMacLover, Jan 13, 2002.

1. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

I really want one in Fresno, CA. We only have a CompUSA where i over heard once a dumbass who works there telling a woman Apple is a Japan only company. There is one great mac guru there Doug Coux he runs the local mac users group. There is only CompUSA and another mac store in the valley i live in which ranges 100 Miles:mad: We all want a Retail store here many would come Apple please make us one for Jeremy! Ne hoo how bout you guyz where would you want a Apple Retail Store?:confused:

2. nubneck macrumors newbie

apple store

Why in the world isn't there one in NY city yet? You'd think this would be one of the first spots to put any sort of chain, but I guess Apple is waiting to see how their other stores do before deciding to pay such expensive rent on a store. If the two stores in Boston are any indication, I'd say the whole Apple store concept is a great idea. Both stores are always crowded, and I think Jobs said that 40% of the people who have bought apples at these stores are former PC users (such as myself, before November 20th :) )

3. trinitishwar macrumors member

4. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I want Apple Stores in the UK! Especially in Birmingham because there are no places where you can see the machines or buy software! There are a few pcworld stores but they only have imacs which tend to be old models.

5. cplmd macrumors member

duh.....

well which mac user doesn't want one in his hime town????
    One in each state would be nice and most of the European capitals and Australia, Japan, Bejien, Moscow
    hell every city over 500,000
    well, that ought to get them going!?!?!?!?!?
    :D

6. NWBadger macrumors newbie

Apple Stores

1. Seattle
    2. Portland (No sales tax in Oregon!)

7. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I'll break my back!!!

Tokyo...

Definitely need one here... cause all the Mac sections are at the top floor of all the electronics shops... and most of them dont even have escalators or elevators!!! We need an Apple Store, or soon I'll break my back and legs!!!

irmongoose

8. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Charleston, SC.

It will never happen.

But it would be nice.

It does look like Lenox Square in Atlanta is getting one...

Still, that's 5 hours away.

An Apple Store in SC...I can hear your laughter from here.

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

They should get one in New York City ASAP. They should probably get one in Houston too. I'd like a second Apple store in Colorado but that won't be happening anytime soon.

10. Six macrumors regular

Right here!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It'll never happen, and it probablly isn't a good idea considering no one has probably even heard of this place ;) But I'd be there all the time if they did! ;)

11. spuncan macrumors 6502

Detroit

At least one in Michigan I dont care where just one. I mean compusa is ok but the have a really small mac section and all the reps are retarded.

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I want one in Hawaii. No doubt. It can be Honolulu or preferably Maui. Of course the better consumer market would be on Oahu. Just my opinion.

14. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

baton rouge LA!
    they don't even have one planned for LA
    if you go to apple's website you can see where they plan to build them

15. cplmd macrumors member

Oh yea NO or BR....

hey new orleans or baton rouge work to me....
    i could see many road trips then:D

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

According to the job opening area on Apple's site here are the upcoming store locations:
    Vienna, VA, USA
    Paramus, NJ, USA
    Atlanta-Lenox Square-R006, GA, USA
    Manhattan-SoHo-R032, NY, USA
    Durham-Streets at S.Point-R049, NC, USA
    Wellington-Wellington Grn-R024, FL, USA
    Syracuse-Carousel Center-R044, NY, USA
    Short Hills-Short Hills-R043, NJ, USA
    West Hartford-Wfarms Mall-R025, CT, USA
    Phoenix-Biltmore Fashn Pk-R031, AZ, USA

I may have missed a few considering there was about 90 entrys.

17. sweetaction macrumors regular

Re: Apple Stores

Seattle sounds good to me.

The folks at The Computer Store are arrogant at best. If they do help you, you are probably not the average unshaven web developer making three times what they make. I roll through that place in a hooded sweatshirt and go ignored. Pick up or mess with something expensive and you get the "please dont touch that" in the form of "may I help you with something?"

Westwind isnt any much better. I went in with $8000 to spend on two powerbooks and since they weren't in stock, they proceeded to mock my needs. "We dont have those" and then walked away. Like I ruined their day.

Yeah, lets get Apple stores in seattle and put these losers out of business.

18. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I know!

Apple should put one in McAllen, TX.

It is right on the border of Mexico, and they buy tons of stuff! (Don't get me wrong, OK, I'm hispanic too.) Our mall is so packed every sunday, you can't find a parking space. We have a best buy, Comp USA, Circuit City, and even a gateway country (they didn't close it, can you believe it!) Every time I go to best buy, there's tons of people from Mexico with a new com-crapq computer, or HP. Apple could make big $$$ here, especially by advertising the multilingual capabilities of OS X. McAllen is also one of the fastest growing areas in the US.

PS. today, I was in Austin, TX, and I went to the CompUSA there. Apple had these booklets that said "Everything is easier on a Mac", and I took some, and put them in front of some of the PC displays. Later, I saw an employee looking at a display, and he chuckled, left the booklet there, and walked away. It was so funny! I also left one in Best Buy in front of intel's "digital lifestyle" display.

19. Unregistered Guest

Apple locations

Someone hinted at upcomming locations of apple stores with a list. That list is not for hiring for apple stores they are for hirings of apple employees to work in compusa's running their apple sections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are already about 80 compusa's with true to god apple employees they have name badges and their business cards even say infinite loop. An apple store would be great in my home town but if I can get help from a true apple employee them I would be happy to shop there.

20. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The section that I got the job opening from was at http://www.apple.com/retail section. The area was clearly marked "Find a Job at an Apple Store near you" . I don't think Apple is putting Mac Geniuses in CompUSA yet either. I know about CompUSA reps but if you look at that website then you will see that most of the jobs are Geniuses and Store Managers. Trust me, I know where I got the openings from and they are only for Apple Stores.

Apple stores in Canada (Please!)

I'd like one in Edmonton, Alberta.

22. cowdoc macrumors newbie

Maybe it screams "copycat!", but it seems to me that wherever one sees a cluster of "super" computer stores (you know which ones I'm talking about), one will find a Gateway Country in close proximity, if not in the same darn strip mall.

I would think that if one were opening a "niche-market style" computer boutique, you'd do it next to your competitor. Makes sense to me to guarantee your store'd be situated smack-daub in the middle of a proven flow-through of computer shoppers (as the survival of your competitor's store has already demonstrated FOR you).....

That'd be a good place to start in the great Apple Store Distribution, IMHO

cd
    lurkin' pre-converter from the DarkSide

23. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Trust me.

The CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, Office Max, and the mall are all on a 1-2 mile strip of the major expressway going through town. I'm sure that tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people pass through the shopping centers per month. Most of the people coming across from the border have lost of $$$. The only thing about our mall, is that it's somewhat narrow hallways and constant congestion would make an Apple store hard to find. The shopping center with the BestBuy is the best, because there is also a sporting goods store that draws TONS of people right by it.

Now, there is a big empty lot right by my house that would be really nice to find an Apple store :D (and a krispy-kreme doughnut shop, and a mountain bike shop. shopping estacy!)