where'd appleworks go?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drater, Oct 26, 2005.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

I recently reimaged my ibook (which I just bought) and reinstalled using the tiger discs but for some reason I can't find appleworks on there....can anyone help me out?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Was it a retail copy of Tiger or the System Restore CD? AppleWorks is not included with the OS. It should be on the Restore CDs in the supplemental apps or whatever it's called. If there is only a single restore DVD it's on there in the supplemental apps installer.

3. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

i don't have my cds here with me, i'm not at home right now, but i got three discs. the install installs disc (1 & 2) and then a hardware test disc (I think). does that help?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think it's on install CD 2. The installer is called something like Additional Applications or Supplemental Applications. It'll install whatever version if iLife came with the machine as well (unless you have a newer version installed of course)

5. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

I'll try it when I get back. If it doesn't work, we are so fighting!

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've just checked on my PowerBook restore DVD (only one disk so I'm not sure which one of yours this would be on) but there's an installer called "Install Applications & Classic Support". I think that's what you want.