Where's Earl and Conan?!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ZicklePop, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ZicklePop macrumors member

Why is almost all of NBCs top shows on iTunes but My Name is Earl? Where is Conan O'Brien is Jay Leno is even on there? I understand Conan has his DVD and a few clips but nothing compared to Jay Leno! Jay Leno who by the way, doesn't even get his whole show on iTunes.

I am asking because I have been thinking about this ever since iTunes announced TV Shows and it's been around a year and still nothing. What am I missing? What is Apple/NBC thinking? I'd love to hear what you think.

2. louish macrumors newbie

louish

3. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

4. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

That's nice. Encourage someone who is obviously into legal activities to illegally download stuff.

Hopefully they get Conan up on there soon!

5. louish macrumors newbie

louish

i can see downloading movies as a problem, but since i pay my cable bill and have a dvr and vcr, why cant i download it too? (referring to tv shows)

6. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Because it's copyrighted. According to your theory, if you pay for a movie ticket you should be able to download the movie too right?

7. louish macrumors newbie

louish

Well no cause your not allowed to bring movie cameras into a theater. DVR's are not illegal, neither are VCR's. neither is using a Media Center PC to record TV shows, neither is converting your already recorded shows to iPod format?

8. ZicklePop thread starter macrumors member

Ha, yeah thats about the only way!

The issue isn't about TV and copyrights it's why hasn't NBC put Conan or Earl on iTunes. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't.